Sergio Busquets

EdmondDantes

[MENTION=19659]EdmondDantes[/MENTION]
Don't think he said anything groundbreaking. Though his words point out a good fact - he's a system player. If a team evolves/gets old and cannot play the way they used to, whatever is left of Busquets will not be effective. He's not flexible. And in all likelihood it basically means he's finished at the top level.

It could be.

But I think it has to do with our front 3 becoming slower, more static and less hard working than it used to be compared to what it was during Busquets' career as our holding midfielder.

Has he declined? Yes. But he's not the only one.

BBZ8800

It could be.

But I think it has to do with our front 3 becoming slower, more static and less hard working than it used to be compared to what it was during Busquets' career as our holding midfielder.

Has he declined? Yes. But he's not the only one.

But Busquets played with Goat Messi, Xavi-Iniesta and Alves.
And was coached by Pep.

Of course that we are crappier on all levels today.
But we are a team of mortals today.
As others have said, Messi, Xavi and Iniesta cocould shine both in perfect and not so perfect teams.

Busquets can shine only when everything is perfect.
And he can play in only one formation and on only one position.

Realistically, we will never be as good as back then.
What does it tell you about Busi's potential displays then in those not so perfect teams?

EdmondDantes

I think prime Busquets was better than you think. He's basically the Xavi/Iniesta of his position.

Father time comes for every player, and Sergio has a lot of mileage on those long legs of his already.

-

Don't forget our front 3s though.

Villa, Pedro & young Messi

Prime Neymar, Prime Suarez and GOAT Messi.

They had it all. Goalscoring ability, movement, speed, dribbling, passing, pressing/work-rate..the lot.

Monster Pique at the back as well.

How many times are we witnessing our midfielders look forward and not see a single pass on?

That's why Dembele on for Griezmann improved us the other day, even though Antoine is the better player. We're in dire need of movement/speed/work-rate up front.

Last edited:

Nazario1985

Something is not ok in his head since EV era started and its growing, he was never a fitness guy, but when you see Busi not faking 2-3 injuries per match as per his prime time it tells he's not for it anymore !!

Very terrible performance beyond imagination, the other two midfielders lost terrible balls to Eibar but him was beyond redemption !

wisconsincule

When he turns it over he’s too slow to recover. Will hurt us in the champions league.

I’m fine with him playing these liga matches but when we face a strong team with pace I’d rather have FDJ at DM.

Hardy

even in a game like this he fucked up that 3-4 times with his iconic turtle moments that against a better team would have cost us badly

El Gato

Villarato!
Really he's better off leaving. He doesn't suit this Barca side at all and no way are they capable of playing to his strengths. All he can be here is a utility veteran, otherwise he's a liability.

EdmondDantes

I thought he was better today up until the 70th minute when he began to give the ball away a bit.

Probably one of our better players in the first half.

Raki13

Like Suarez his best days are long over , Valverde seems to think if you keep playing them they will return to a time when they were good.
They are finished.

Home of Barca Fans