Sergio Busquets

Marshall D Teach

Finished. Out of Club de Amigos, this guy is the biggest problem alongside Rakitic. Bigger problem than Suarez easily.

Just use a midfield of Arthur-Frenkie-Vidal. Can't be any worse than any midfield involving Busquets or Rakitic.

We're going nowhere until we grow the backbone to get rid of this guy.

Frenkie > Arthur > Arthur with STDs >>>>>>>> Vidal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Busquets/Rakitic

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He can be useful to the team in rotation but he might be toxic still within the dressing room

Same goes for Pique and Suarez.

It's kinda like with Ronaldinho and Deco in 2008. They could have still contributed, especially Deco, but them leaving the club was the best decision and allowed the team to move on properly.

Andrew M

It's kinda like with Ronaldinho and Deco in 2008. They could have still contributed, especially Deco, but them leaving the club was the best decision and allowed the team to move on properly.

Yes I agree. At least we have de jong but without Suarez we'd need to buy another great striker whereas before we still had Henry, Eto'o and Messi

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yes I agree. At least we have de jong but without Suarez we'd need to buy another great striker whereas before we still had Henry, Eto'o and Messi

That's true, but they have to make that decision IMO. Either that or call early elections and let someone else call the shots.

Barcilliant

Should be benched and only played against cannon fodder style opponents.

Busquets is too slow and doesn't bring enough to the table to justify being an automatic starter.

Andresito

Staff member
Quique and Busi are pals. No way he'll be benched for a longer period.

But I must say Arthur-Frenkie-Vidal could a good and balanced setup.

The Observer

I don't see any similarities with the 2008 situation. Busquets might be finished but he is not unprofessional and slacking training. Démbéle is the one filling the fine saving box, not the imaginary amigos club. Arthur is the one who goes snowboarding, smoking and partying with Neymar, not the imaginary amigos club. Nor is Busquets holding back any mercurial talents about to break through like Ronaldinho -> Messi or Deco -> Iniesta. If Busquets does not play, Vidal does, another washed up player over 30. What's the point in pointing fingers towards Busquets?

Same goes for Suarez whose injury will probably lead to Madrid winning the league over Barca. Suarez 17 goals halfway through the season, Ronaldinho 9 goals entire 07/08 season. Suarez' shoes won't be filled for a long long time, your hate on him won't change the fact.

Pique is the best defender at the club and until Anfield last season was considered the best defender in Europe alongside VVD, doesn't matter whether he has 3000 businesses running outside of the pitch. He has always been a priviledged unlikeable sunny boy born into gold dust, but now people hate on his personality instead of asking for him to become president just because the team is not as good anymore. Big L-O-L.

Fans who make that 2008 comparison secretly hope that clearing out a couple old players will lead to greatness again, I get that. But it's wrong. It's the young players who are unprofessional, always injured or not good enough. Or all of it.

Home of Barca Fans