Sergio Busquets

ASordidGod

Jury's very much out regarding how much work and running off the ball is Coutinho willing to do. Might surprise a few people. I'd agree that at LW he is a better fit because he is fast, skillful and has a thunderous shot. Anything you need for a winger-attacking mid hybrid. Looks a bit similar to Ribery and Pires in terms of skill set.

He's not fast. That's my biggest reservation regarding him as a LW. Can't go on the outside, and so ends up being predictable. Not saying he can't be good there, for his shooting ability alone he's a threat, but I'd like to see him CM in a three, if only to see how it works. If he could learn to maintain possession better I think he could be good there, with his ability to beat a man and shoot. And playing centrally he'd be less predictable, and his lack of genuine pace would be less of an issue.

Nothanks

I just can’t see them giving Arthur a starting spot.. at least not instead of Rakitic.. which is annoying.

rakitic will be our starter next season, and the season after that maybe we'll transition him out when he's 31 and arthur adapts more

i expect arthur to struggle in adaption like mina and how neymar slightly did in their first season in a new continent / league

Vilarrubi

Busqs and Messi are the last of the dream team .

If Busqs plays well , we do .

When he is missing we are nothing .

+1

He does need good midfielders either side of him who can pass forward too.

Aging Iniesta and Rakitic with the back passes haven’t been the best for him recently.

Barca83

Banned
thoughts on him today? I'd probably give a 6.5 or so out of 10; he had a few nice touches and wasn't terrible by any means but didn't seem that influential either imo

Casemiro think Busquets is the best defensive midfielder in the world? Lol
Of course he would say that b.c he works in Spain.

He's been one of Barca's weakest links since he started.playinf for us.
Very slow, very weak, short.
He has good qualities, but he lacks the qualities to be the best defensive midfielder in the world.
I would argue casemiro is better than him right now

Morten

Casemiro think Busquets is the best defensive midfielder in the world? Lol
Of course he would say that b.c he works in Spain.

He's been one of Barca's weakest links since he started.playinf for us.
Very slow, very weak, short.
He has good qualities, but he lacks the qualities to be the best defensive midfielder in the world.
I would argue casemiro is better than him right now

Dont be ridiculous, he has been important for Barca over the years.
Though i will admit, as a "normal" DM, he isnt the best, but he is a DM with other qualities.

Givenchy

someone needs to make a compilation of all his magic moments that STILL go unnoticed when he retires. give him a mobile midfield and he'll be the best DM in the world again.

Home of Barca Fans