Sergio Busquets

God Serena

We can use the same argument for Gomes and Iniesta too then? I understand he gets isolated but he simply cannot win a 1v1 duel to his lack of mobility.

He needs people to be around him to be effective.

We can use the same argument for Iniesta, sure.

But Gomes was shit and always has been.

Neeraj

After a performance like that, I can see why some people would lose their shit on the entire team.

It's fairly obvious Busi hasn't suddenly become shit and it's the 'tactics' of the most clueless manager we might have had in ages that expose his flaws big time. In this formation, I'm sure an athletic midfielder would do better, but he would still get bypassed fairly easily, even if you have Verrati there.

9thMode

Banned
Lets be honest and just say it as it is. Busi has been piss poor for both club and country for about 1.5 seasons now.
Getting skinnier too, maybe a health issue?
Nobody knows. . .

Neeraj

We haven't had a good manager since Pep. Maybe 2015 Lucho but that's it. And I honestly don't know how much of 2015 I should attribute to Lucho rather than MSN.

Yup, I never thought he was a good manager then either. I didn't say this out loud, as it might seem ungrateful to bash a manager who's winning things; but I always felt it was individuals running the team.

As for not having a good manager since Pep, I'm actually going further back. I'm trying to think of managers who were this clueless; I think Tata comes quite close, but he was more of a "do the same safe thing over and over" sort of clueless, Lucho is the "do random retarded things all the time" sort. I'm looking back; Van Gaal, Rijkaard, they all brought something. Heck, even Radomir antic can be given his due as he was the one who gave the Don his break if I remember correctly.

Ripsta

Giving the ball away all afternoon, he can't defend to save his life. Good at controlling play when the team is on top, he's a passenger when under pressure.

Total-Football

Yeah .He's having a horrible season. Not like the way we play help but still .. I can't remember for the life of me a worse game than the one he had vs PSG and now this.

mark1nhu

Very poor game. A constant liability, actually.

He is not suited to the way we have been playing (which needs to change asap).

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Some people blamed the midfielders being too far apart for his struggles. This match put that theory to bed. His problem is laziness or/and motivation.

I can't give up on Busquets though. He's one of few remaining threads of what links us to Barca football. He needs a proper boot up his ass though. Guy like Klopp or Simeone to get into his face and wake him the fuck up.

F

FlaFCB

Some people blamed the midfielders being too far apart for his struggles. This match put that theory to bed. His problem is laziness or/and motivation.

I can't give up on Busquets though. He's one of few remaining threads of what links us to Barca football. He needs a proper boot up his ass though. Guy like Klopp or Simeone to get into his face and wake him the fuck up.
He was isolated again. He can't play this current style, that's for sure.

[Tw]835912684491005953[/tw]

Still no midfield. His biggest problem today was that silly foul, that ended with Atlético scoring.

Home of Barca Fans