Sergio Busquets

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
There was a point where he did a cute little dragback flick when pressured, then moved like molasses when it came to bringing the ball up the field and a slow pass forward.

It used to be a meme that Busquets is doing great in all the little things that people don't notice. Well now it's done a 180 where he only occasionally does well in the things people DO notice (like a nice pass here or there, or nice dribble) while being utterly awful in every other aspect.

His movement is horrible, his speed of play on the ball is glacial. In that scenario from this game where Busi had the crafty move, FDJ would've subsequently driven the ball up quickly to capitalize on the fast transition opportunity and then followed up on his pass afterwards to see the play through to the final third.

Just a completely different pace of play and following different patterns that would change our game up completely.

Busquets is so well beyond his prime and even the kind of niche player he was in his prime wouldn't be greatly suited to the evolution of the game. The way he naturally effects the game is not a positive thing in modern football anymore.

Hardy

it's hilarious, grotesque, I don't even know what term I have to use that we had no problem to say goodbye to Xavi and Iniesta and this dude still a fucking indisputable starter of this team in 2020 :lol:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
it's hilarious, grotesque, I don't even know what term I have to use that we had no problem to say goodbye to Xavi and Iniesta and this dude still a fucking indisputable starter of this team in 2020 :lol:

Xavi and Iniesta left when they were 34-35. Busi is still 31. Four more years of playing in the starting 11 it is.

khaled_a_d

Xavi and Iniesta left when they were 34-35. Busi is still 31. Four more years of playing in the starting 11 it is.

Busquets is 32 next week.
So, a maximum of 2 years starter if you compare it to those guys.
But Iniesta & Xavi left when they saw Coutinho & Rakitic coming to take their place.

xXKonan

While most of the top DM's or rising DM's you see these days aren't as talented nor Brilliant as Busi was on the ball and in terms of intelligence during his peak. They are far more Mobile, Energetic, and Physical and most of all pretty good on the ball themselves as well.

The game evolved a lot since Busi's breakthrough and during his early years and peak managed to win the battle vs the likes of Yaya and Mascherano who were considered some of the best Midfielders in the retrospective positions in the World. But these days clubs are either developing or buying players who are a lot more modern in so many key areas that players like Busi are basically ancient news.

When Pjanic rumors and his eventual signing, the comments I've seen the most are "Oh cool Busi finally has a substitute" feels like a lot of Barca fans have their head in the sand when it comes to Busi and still believe he's the same player he's always been even though he has decayed a lot over the last couple of seasons.

I always favored the idea of moving FDJ as a Pivot, someone who is not only good on the ball but that has the mobility and energy to be put to good use and instead of relying on Busi who is basically on his last legs sadly.

M3ls

You can go back 500 pages and you will see that in 2011 there were people who wanted to sell Busquets because he is slow and buy Nigel De Jong. Idiots.

He is not winger. Better lets talk about Fati's speed.

Last edited:

Tackle

Busquets is 32 next week.
So, a maximum of 2 years starter if you compare it to those guys.
But Iniesta & Xavi left when they saw Coutinho & Rakitic coming to take their place.

Busquets is the most respected player in the squad after Messi. If he wants to stay here starting until he's 37, he will, and no matter how rubbish is actual play is it will be justified with how his "unseen genius" is winning us matches. Just hope he has mercy on us after 2023.

pregra

The most overrated player of all time. Was good when Xavi and Iniesta carried him. Been absolute shite for the for ages.

Catta

He should have left the same day as Xavi. No wonder the club became a laughing stock in the CL, when he is our main midfielder. A classic system player, without tiki-taka, an average player, not good enough for midtable La Liga teams, and yet starts for Barca. Saying it the last 3 years, with him the club will never again win the CL.

Home of Barca Fans