Sergio Busquets

Gnidrologist

Maradona was known to be low IQ emotard way before he was appointed as ARG coach though. Couldn never understand this. It's like making Mike Tyson a prime minister. Probably just south american things.

BusiTheKing

What's up with him pressing that high up the pitch? Seeing hin in the opponent's box always makes me laugh.

I think since the Pep days, there's been this rule that whoever starts pressing the man on the ball must follow the ball around keeping his foot on the gas. It's a solidarity thing to have others follow suit and ensure a collective press. You see it sometimes where even a midfielder follows the ball back all the way back to the keeper after a defender has played it back despite it not really making any logical sense.

I think that's what happened a few times, where Busi was on ball duty and got lured forward a bit. If the pressure isn't on absolutely full steam, good teams will cut through it and take advantage of the disorganization. It might be time to revise that rule because it did leave a good chunk of space open in the middle.

pregra

Passenger all game? Not as good as he used to with the ball anymore. Hilarious to see him getting outrun by Lahoz during a counter attack. If both our other mids had legs he wouldn’t look this bad. At least I hope that.

Saladin

Sergio and Sergi were both awful today. The 4-3-3 under Valverde is a fucking laugh, Rakitic was either shite or exhausted. Roberto runs around like a headless chicken, reactively. Suarez couldn't tame a hamster if his wife's life depended on it and our above-average players of the season all had an off-day (Ter Stegen, Leo, Alba, Arthur).

We lost 1 game the entire last season and we are already at two now. Leganes and Betis at home. If we win La Liga this year, it will not be on account of effort rather than the failure of our rivals.

khaled_a_d

a2b4b834-ec60-44d6-8e5b-8471227e4aa8.jpg

Said this on EV thread,but feel it need to be said again here.

this is the play from 2nd goal, as usual no protection from midfield to our defense in counter attacking. Busquets have been declining badly in that aspect unfortunately

soul24rage

That 2nd goal really pissed me off. Busi, Rakitic and Arthur were fcking JOGGING when they should be running hard to mark the many open players in the box. It's elementary defending 101. The amount of space those Betis players had was embarassing. Our midfielders were either complacent/nonchalent or really tired and I'm 99.9% sure it's the 2nd answer. EV kept playing the same midfielders over and over again with very little rotation and this is what you'll get.

I don't care if Rakitic can run all day; any player can run all day at a slow pace and jogging. With EV, I have no hopes for the CL and La Liga is still very much up for grabs. Imagine if we lose to ATM next week.

Oh and also, this is why we need Semedo at RB and not Bob as Semedo is more suited for dealing counter attack and 1-1 defending.

BusiTheKing

I do love him to bits, but when you watch some of these modern DM types and how quickly they shut down shit all over the pitch without breaking a sweat, it's hard to not wonder what we're sacrificing by sticking with him.

Home of Barca Fans