Sergio Busquets

Judoman

I still believe Busi has more to give at Barca. He needs to be managed better, that's all.

I highly doubt Valverde gives any useful orders to a player like Busi. It's probably "play like you always have", doesn't matter if he's in a 4-4-2 or who he plays with.

Valverde's Barca is like a Rubik's cube. The middle piece is unmovable on each side of the cube, these represent our seniors like Roberto, Piqué, Busi, Rakitic, Suárez, Messi.
The problem is, Valverde can't solve the cube. Maybe he gets one colour correct but the rest will always be in shambles.

"He has to be managed better" narrative can be used for anybody. The fact is, that his average production isn t worth the effort and he is only going to get worst each year.

De Jong can do his job better, while being faster and stronger. Busq should be degraded in to DJ sub.

Zidane82

I still believe Busi has more to give at Barca. He needs to be managed better, that's all.

I highly doubt Valverde gives any useful orders to a player like Busi. It's probably "play like you always have", doesn't matter if he's in a 4-4-2 or who he plays with.

Valverde's Barca is like a Rubik's cube. The middle piece is unmovable on each side of the cube, these represent our seniors like Roberto, Piqué, Busi, Rakitic, Suárez, Messi.
The problem is, Valverde can't solve the cube. Maybe he gets one colour correct but the rest will always be in shambles.

He’s like Sarri at Chelsea ..... playing Kante out of position all season

Judoman

It can't be used for Rakitic.
Busquets is too complacent while Rakitic is too mediocre.

Let s say that s true, (i don t think it s that simple)

If a guy who makes millions per year to do his dream job is complacent, than this says a lot about his mentality.
It isn t a mentality you want to see in a first team player, it shouldn t be. First team players should be driven and hungry, not complacent.

I don t think Busq deserves any more credit. There is no visible (faith and believe excluded) upside to his game, going forward.
If we have 1 complacent player in each line, we are fucked and It will not be just Valverde s fault.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Things are complicated because too many players are declining at the same time and some of them are legends you need to give special treatment.

Busquets is one of those overpaid legends that lost spark. It's sad but we knew it'll happen eventually.

Potroh

Busquets is one of those overpaid legends that lost spark.

Indeed.
Let me tell you my personal story related: with my ex-teammates we play a full game every week. Don't think we are standing and walking there, not at all, sometimes games can get very serious. A lot of running, keepers swimming in the air, even some nasty faults but only sometimes. I'm a "middle aged" player there with my 60+, the eldest is 72 and the youngest is 52...
But these guys, who know the game quite well and are watching all important matches, have constantly been pulling my leg, because they know that I'm mainly a Barca follower. That's not always useful in that small community...

When I dribble, they come up with the standard Messi jokes, mainly about my height, but when they feel I don't run enough, their standard is: "come on you artificial Busquests you lazy piglet, sometimes you have to run for a couple of meters..."

I adore Busi for his technical skills, he is a great player. But when he runs???
Today I watched the Spain vs. Sweden game and Busquets, well it's strange to see he almost can't really run anymore, even if he tries that. He looks like a retired turtle, actually a bit comical sometimes, because indeed when he tries to run he looks like as if all of his bodily portions are challenged and unable to serve anymore.

So this week when we play I'll tell them to fuck off if they come with the Busquets thing again! I can still run better and more...:rockon:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Indeed.
Let me tell you my personal story related: with my ex-teammates we play a full game every week. Don't think we are standing and walking there, not at all, sometimes games can get very serious. A lot of running, keepers swimming in the air, even some nasty faults but only sometimes. I'm a "middle aged" player there with my 60+, the eldest is 72 and the youngest is 52...
But these guys, who know the game quite well and are watching all important matches, have constantly been pulling my leg, because they know that I'm mainly a Barca follower. That's not always useful in that small community...

When I dribble, they come up with the standard Messi jokes, mainly about my height, but when they feel I don't run enough, their standard is: "come on you artificial Busquests you lazy piglet, sometimes you have to run for a couple of meters..."

I adore Busi for his technical skills, he is a great player. But when he runs???
Today I watched the Spain vs. Sweden game and Busquets, well it's strange to see he almost can't really run anymore, even if he tries that. He looks like a retired turtle, actually a bit comical sometimes, because indeed when he tries to run he looks like as if all of his bodily portions are challenged and unable to serve anymore.

So this week when we play I'll tell them to fuck off if they come with the Busquets thing again! I can still run better and more...:rockon:

Haha Sounds like you guys are having fun.

I have my fair share of friends teasing me about Barca too and I guess many of us are in the same boat recently.

Your story kinda reminds how I hated when guys from the college team use to call me Xavi while I wanted to be Frank de Boer or something. Now I guess I'd settle for turtle Busquets too :lol:

JerseyAddict

Haha Sounds like you guys are having fun.

I have my fair share of friends teasing me about Barca too and I guess many of us are in the same boat recently.

Your story kinda reminds how I hated when guys from the college team use to call me Xavi while I wanted to be Frank de Boer or something. Now I guess I'd settle for turtle Busquets too :lol:
You can't miss Barça jokes these days... even Utd and Juve fans are f*** me...

Btw they call me Rakitić ('cause of speed) or Puyol/Pique ('cause I play in defense).

abbbs97

If the board had any brains, they'd sell him and buy Rodri or Ndombele to replace him. I dont think De Jong is the clear Busi replacement. He doesnt play as deep as Busi does.
Busquets is a legend at Barca but he's not as good anymore and he's slow af. We need a new midfield that's young and fast and selling him and getting a new DM would fix that along with De Jong and Arthur. But of course the board will never sell him cause he's La Masia and they dont have the balls to do so. We will regret not buying Rodri or Ndombele in less than a year cause Busi will not perform at a high level anymore.

JerseyAddict

If the board had any brains, they'd sell him and buy Rodri or Ndombele to replace him. I dont think De Jong is the clear Busi replacement. He doesnt play as deep as Busi does.
Busquets is a legend at Barca but he's not as good anymore and he's slow af. We need a new midfield that's young and fast and selling him and getting a new DM would fix that along with De Jong and Arthur. But of course the board will never sell him cause he's La Masia and they dont have the balls to do so. We will regret not buying Rodri or Ndombele in less than a year cause Busi will not perform at a high level anymore.

They should have bought Kante while he was available.

abbbs97

They should have bought Kante while he was available.

Yep. Same thing will happen to Rodri especially. The guy is perfect for us and isnt that expensive (70m euros). He would've come here if we sold Busi and made Rodri a starter. But City will now get him and we can now say bye bye to ever having a chance of getting him.

kattanib

I honestly have no idea what are you all talking about. I wouldn’t want a CDM other than Busquets playing for our team; his style is vital as he is extremely reliable to be left alone in CDM with a high success ratio of pulling magic and building counter attacks. So much responsibility if another player was placed in his position you would see a lot of goals conceded upon pressuring him by our opponents

Watch this 2019 performance and you will understand:
https://youtu.be/5Ske_A_5e-U

Home of Barca Fans