Sergio Busquets

Bobo32

Masterclass today. Can't even remember when is the last time I've seen this Busquets, Lucho's second season probably. Was good even against PSG and Sevilla, two aggressive teams, today against La Real too.

We all watch football differently. I watch with my pointer ready.
I was always impressed by him, never thought he got worse, but if anything improved his longer range passes, started to do some runs etc.

But isn't it saying something that he, according to you and others, are playing so well after Rakitic and Vidal are gone, and he has some decent ball playing players around him?

JamDav1982

New formation suits him.

The two wide CBs, CMs, Messi/Griezmann all constantly look to take ball from him and offer options.

Falling in between CBs was not working.

Was great on ball today.

Sorin

We all watch football differently. I watch with my pointer ready.
I was always impressed by him, never thought he got worse, but if anything improved his longer range passes, started to do some runs etc.

But isn't it saying something that he, according to you and others, are playing so well after Rakitic and Vidal are gone, and he has some decent ball playing players around him?

The setup is obviously the main reason he has been poor in the last couple of years. He has also declined from his prime so that extra second of slowness is evident.

No need to tell me about the midfield of Rakitic/Busquets/Vidal. I wanted to sell Rakitic since 2017 and Vidal shouldn't have been anything else other than bench material or never bought at all.

There are still people thinking that we should have kept Rakitic instead of Busi though. I always knew that Busquets was the superior player even if he didn't show it very often during the last years.

Anyway, glad that the change of formation has benefited him and everyone else. At least, for league games he is still useful. It remains to be seen how he does in the CL in the next years though.

Total-Football

New formation suits him. But also the fact that liga is a farmers league now. Put him right now against bayern and ur fist will hit the walls

Joan

Enjoys the extra support now.

Also has more options.

His game on the ball was never really in question. Good the setup suits him, he's crucial for Barca.

Porque

He is slow but he is mobile. His km/match is still high. Koeman is doing very well to "insulate" busquets with passing options in this setup change, and everybody is in cohesion.

It's nice to watch this renaissance, especially after having Xavi and Iniesta so declined at this phase of their careers.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
The system change benefited a lot of players, but it benefited Busi the most. So good to see him performing well and not being a liability :lol:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Glad he started to look better but I still hope this is last season here.

Would be great we win Copa or La Liga or both! so he and Pique have a proper send-off.

FCBfan22

Massive props to Koeman for finding a way to make him work again and protect him from being exposed with this system.

Home of Barca Fans