Sergio Busquets

Andresito

Staff member
Busquets' replacement should be Jandro Orellana from Barca B

He should get an opportunity this season as he certainly can't be much worse than Busi.
But he's another non-physical Barca type of DM. I think that position is due for a change in profile if Frenkie and Pedri are the CM's. I don't think Jandro is the long term solution.

mc_lovin

Ilaix isn't a defensive midfielder you absolute morons.

Moriba is like Pogba if anything.

Well, he looks heavier than Pogba and is less graceful on the ball (maybe just less refined given his age or plainly less talented). The difference between a box to box midfielder and a (classic) defensive midfielder is positional discipline I suppose, so its anyones guess where he ends up. His idol is Busquets by the way :S

His dribbling style and stature reminds me of Yaya Toure with his drop of shoulders (completely different to Pogba, whos less of a tank and more of a gazelle), who did very well at DM for us.

Horatio

You're welcome
He jumps so low and weak because mentally he is already prepared to go to the ground to fake a foul.

Last edited:

Rory

If you watch their 2nd goal his jump was absolutely pathetic. Outmuscled and outjumped.

I was fuming watching that "jump", the slow motion reply also showed that he screamed out like an absolute wimp hoping to win a foul. He's 6 ft 2 and couldn't win that header ffs

Horatio

You're welcome
Another classic was him appealing for offside raising his hand and basically giving up on completing his defensive run early.

Last edited:

Hardy

let's not forget he was also the idiot who committed the foul for that free kick, hilarious how he has also the courage to complain with referee:lol:, and gotta be honest I saw him at least 2 times yesterday losing the ball in dangerous situation but referee saved his ass with non existent fouls.

Vilarrubi

let's not forget he was also the idiot who committed the foul for that free kick, hilarious how he has also the courage to complain with referee:lol:, and gotta be honest I saw him at least 2 times yesterday losing the ball in dangerous situation but referee saved his ass with non existent fouls.

Yep true. He was getting dribbled past for fun too by Betis players. Mans like a scarecrow out there.

Bobo32

If you watch their 2nd goal his jump was absolutely pathetic. Outmuscled and outjumped.
It was a timing problem, not a physical problem. But he lost his duel there and was at fault for that goal.

Busquets made some mistakes yesterday, both with the ball and defensively. But the reactions here are completely overblown and many users are showing themselves to be very small chested, tbh.
He is a total legend of the club, and has been the best at his position since 2008. He still brings a lot, even yesterday he gave the team so much with his QUICK decisions and well timed passes between the lines, his positional sense and so on.

Home of Barca Fans