Sergio Busquets

Laplacian

pretty much. it's hard to even single out who's better between busquets, pjanic and de jong, right now.

I'm pretty sure he's the only pure defensive midfielder in the club. Looking at Fdj's thread, everyone expected him to take over Busquets as a "modern DM with mobility" and I'm assuming pretty fucking hard that that's what the board intended as well, because otherwise, why would we buy him? Turns out he can't play the fucking position (like Coutinho, Griezmann, jesus fucking christ it never ends) and needs to be in some special double pivot formation to function. And really the only other player that can theoretically partner with him as a pure DM, is the only pure DM in the club. Get an actual DM and coaches will stop using Busquets effective immediately.

FinBarcelonafan

I'm pretty sure he's the only pure defensive midfielder in the club. Looking at Fdj's thread, everyone expected him to take over Busquets as a "modern DM with mobility" and I'm assuming pretty fucking hard that that's what the board intended as well, because otherwise, why would we buy him? Turns out he can't play the fucking position (like Coutinho, Griezmann, jesus fucking christ it never ends) and needs to be in some special double pivot formation to function. And really the only other player that can theoretically partner with him as a pure DM, is the only pure DM in the club. Get an actual DM and coaches will stop using Busquets effective immediately.

Yep. We need to start buying players for a certain position, not just big names. Squad planning has been garbage for years. Buying ex wingers to play winger etc. Garbage garbage.

You don't need the best inviduals on the pitch, you need the best team. The best team has players who help each other play on a higher level and combined, they beat the team of invidual.

For example. If we would bring almost any player from Liverpool(outside of goalie and dijk), they would look garbage here. Without the team work they are not that great invidually and that's okay, together they are very good. Same as Bayern too or would you say Perisic, Muller, Goretzka and Coutinho are world beaters? They have the best system in the world right now and it works perfectly.

Barcelona forgot what made them the best. Insane chemistry. Pedro wasn't the best player in the world but he fit the team well.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
LOL at this guy 9 times out of 10 is trying the hardest pass option, which is to reach Messi in impossible positions

Gnidrologist

This just how we are on quite disastrous decline in terms of world class players. Biskuits with all his faults and senility, is still probably better than any of his direct substitutes. Guess that MCity whatshisname is the next in pecking order lol.

Spain is declined heavily on top quality cadre. Something alike, when Netherlands had all of their golden 90s Ajax generation retiring. The swaps were underwhelming. Their current team is even more terrible. The cyclical thing i guess. Btw, Brazil also haven't shoved off any great individual talents like they were famous fore in decades past.

Last edited:

serghei

This just how we are on quite disastrous decline in terms of world class players. Biskuits with all his faults and senility, is still probably better than any of his direct substitutes. Guess that MCity whatshisname is the next in pecking order lol.

No, he's not.

Home of Barca Fans