Sergio Busquets

kattanib

Should fuck off or stop playing like he's already retired. We are having Messi over there who walks and team can't carry so many individuals who don't have physical attributes of an average sportsman while getting paid astronomical wages for barely breaking a sweat.

Disgusting ungrateful fans like yourself are the reason why football is bittier sweet to the likes of Busquets, Roberto and Victor Valdes. To say “fuck off” to Busquets is an absolutely sad sight. Luckily these players have true supporters behind them in the club and in the stadium

Zidane82

I'm counting on him to have a better season with compatibly technical players next to him. He's declined physically but he's still got that Sergio Busquets CPU, what he can't do is play with Vidal & Rakitic - that's a failure of a midfield.

Exactly.. he’s a one off and ideally suited to us .
He just needs more energy / athleticism / movement around him.
FDJ will make a massive difference to Busqs now .

Busqs’s game suffered immeasurably from the moment he was saddled with the sloth~like Rakitic..

Judoman

Better athleticism AROUND Busqs !!

riiiiight, ffs sake, he is not Pirlo.
He is far from someone like Messi (the difference maker) to deserve to have the team adjusted to his weaknesses. Objectively, he belongs on the bench as a DJ sub.
Ideally, the seconds guy would be Arthur and the third guy Vidal or even more ideally an Eriksen type of MC.

BBZ8800

Exactly.. he’s a one off and ideally suited to us .
He just needs more energy / athleticism / movement around him.
FDJ will make a massive difference to Busqs now .

Busqs’s game suffered immeasurably from the moment he was saddled with the sloth~like Rakitic..

He has better teammates in a Spanish NT, where he don't need to play with Rakitic.

Busi still plays like a tree and they are prone to counters.
Care to explain?

Or has Rakitic ruined Spanish NT also?

Zidane82

riiiiight, ffs sake, he is not Pirlo.
He is far from someone like Messi (the difference maker) to deserve to have the team adjusted to his weaknesses. Objectively, he belongs on the bench as a DJ sub.
Ideally, the seconds guy would be Arthur and the third guy Vidal or even more ideally an Eriksen type of MC.
I’d rate Busqs at his best easily better than Pirlo although they’re different players completely .

MagIX

Legend. A true barca legend. Point. :barcaflag:

Fantastic player, one of the best midfielders I've ever seen, one of my all-time favorite players without any doubt, stunning game vision, soccer intelligence, tactical awareness.

He's getting old, he's declining, that's normal, but he has been crucial, a key factor, for the achievements of Barcelona and Spain.

Vicente del Bosque: “You watch the game, you don’t see Busquets. You watch Busquets, you see the whole game. Busquets makes everything look so easy that we sometimes don’t realize how hard he works.””

Johan Cruyff : “Positionally, he seems like a veteran with or without the ball. With the ball he makes what is difficult look easy: he disposes of the ball with one or two touches. Without the ball, he gives us a lesson: that of being in the right place to intercept and running just to recover the ball.”

Cesar Luis Menotti “He’s one of the greatest talents that has been given to Spanish football. This is a discovery. The first time I saw Busquets playing, I called a friend and said: ‘I saw a player from an extinct species’. He’s a star. An absolute talent.”

Xavi: “The first time Pep Guardiola brought Sergio Busquets to train with us, I realized we were facing a special player. None of us had the foresight to anticipate that he was going to develop into the best midfielder in the world, as he is today, but there was unquestionable evidence that he had the characteristics to achieve it.”
"Those watching from afar may not appreciate or see everything Busi does on the pitch, but those who play with him know he is unique.
“He improves everything around him, he made me a better footballer, why? That is very simple, having him close by ensured I would receive the ball between the lines.
“When the coach announced the team before a match, the first thing I always did was look for Busi, even if I wasn’t starting if he was there I was calm, because I knew he guaranteed tactical intelligence.
“Busquets sees things in his head before they happen on the pitch, he intercepts an enormous amount of passes, he can allow his team to play without fear and he is agile on his feet.

Andres Iniesta: “The perfect player? Falcao’s ability in the air, [Carles] Puyol’s personality, Xavi’s right foot, [Lionel] Messi’s talent and left foot, [Sergio] Busquets’ tactical awareness and Cristiano’s eye for goal.”

THANK YOU SERGIO ! :worthy:

Last edited:

Judoman

I’d rate Busqs at his best easily better than Pirlo although they’re different players completely .
Your rating doesn t matter, you re ignoring the facts due to personal attachment, that he is getting slower and his mentality was never of determent type. He is essentially weak.

Pirlo was a deep lying plamaker of the highest order. Xavi type player. It made sense to set the runners around him even at his old age, because he was a conductor plus he had a mean shoot from distance.
Like you said, Busquets is different. Everything he does, DJ can do better. So why keep both of them in the starting 11 AND play DJ out of his natural position? There are no clear, logical benefits.

We have Messi in the attacking line. That demands a lot of coverage from behind. But it s worth it, because his production is insane.
You say Busquets needs to be surrounded by athletic guys. So we have Messi (and Suarez) who needs runners and now, you have Busquets in MF, who also needs runners. Do you realize what
that means? It means you re making compromises in two lines. It will produce consequences for sure. Nasty consequences.

So the question is, what does Busquets bring to the table? Why is he irreplaceable? Does he has some unique skill/ability which no other player has? Like BBZ said, if athleticism around him is the problem, why does he not shine in NT?

Last edited:

kattanib

Your rating doesn t matter, you re ignoring the facts due to personal attachment, that he is getting slower and his mentality was never of determent type. He is essentially weak.

Pirlo was a deep lying plamaker of the highest order. Xavi type player. It made sense to set the runners around him even at his old age, because he was a conductor plus he had a mean shoot from distance.
Like you said, Busquets is different. Everything he does, DJ can do better. So why keep both of them in the starting 11 AND play DJ out of his natural position? There are no clear, logical benefits.

We have Messi in the attacking line. That demands a lot of coverage from behind. But it s worth it, because his production is insane.
You say Busquets needs to be surrounded by athletic guys. So we have Messi (and Suarez) who needs runners and now, you have Busquets in MF, who also needs runners. Do you realize what
that means? It means you re making compromises in two lines. It will produce consequences for sure. Nasty consequences.

So the question is, what does Busquets bring to the table? Why is he irreplaceable? Does he has some unique skill/ability which no other player has? Like BBZ said, if athleticism around him is the problem, why does he not shine in NT?

Just like a Barca GK needs to be good with his feet, and just like a Barca CB needs to be good with his feet and very comfortable with offside traps, a Barca CDM has a unique profile as well.

Busquets does three key things: he provides confidence, retain possession and create critical attacking plays.

Our CDM is exposed, he is a high third CB who will cause us to concede one on one goals if he doesn’t do his job correctly. Busquests knows how to control the ball and do small dribbles while being all so confident. This creates room for other players to focus on their work. Also these small dribbles he does often open plays and allow for the start of a dangerous play.

Is he the best option we have today to fulfill this role? Yes. De Jong has the potential to fill his shoes in the future if that is how the manager grow him.

In my opinion Busquets is the second most important player contributing to Pep’s success after Messi; on par with Iniesta and Xavi

Zidane82

Legend. A true barca legend. Point. :barcaflag:

Fantastic player, one of the best midfielders I've ever seen, one of my all-time favorite players without any doubt, stunning game vision, soccer intelligence, tactical awareness.

He's getting old, he's declining, that's normal, but he has been crucial, a key factor, for the achievements of Barcelona and Spain.

Vicente del Bosque: “You watch the game, you don’t see Busquets. You watch Busquets, you see the whole game. Busquets makes everything look so easy that we sometimes don’t realize how hard he works.””

Johan Cruyff : “Positionally, he seems like a veteran with or without the ball. With the ball he makes what is difficult look easy: he disposes of the ball with one or two touches. Without the ball, he gives us a lesson: that of being in the right place to intercept and running just to recover the ball.”

Cesar Luis Menotti “He’s one of the greatest talents that has been given to Spanish football. This is a discovery. The first time I saw Busquets playing, I called a friend and said: ‘I saw a player from an extinct species’. He’s a star. An absolute talent.”

Xavi: “The first time Pep Guardiola brought Sergio Busquets to train with us, I realized we were facing a special player. None of us had the foresight to anticipate that he was going to develop into the best midfielder in the world, as he is today, but there was unquestionable evidence that he had the characteristics to achieve it.”
"Those watching from afar may not appreciate or see everything Busi does on the pitch, but those who play with him know he is unique.
“He improves everything around him, he made me a better footballer, why? That is very simple, having him close by ensured I would receive the ball between the lines.
“When the coach announced the team before a match, the first thing I always did was look for Busi, even if I wasn’t starting if he was there I was calm, because I knew he guaranteed tactical intelligence.
“Busquets sees things in his head before they happen on the pitch, he intercepts an enormous amount of passes, he can allow his team to play without fear and he is agile on his feet.

Andres Iniesta: “The perfect player? Falcao’s ability in the air, [Carles] Puyol’s personality, Xavi’s right foot, [Lionel] Messi’s talent and left foot, [Sergio] Busquets’ tactical awareness and Cristiano’s eye for goal.”

THANK YOU SERGIO ! :worthy:

Thank you for all that info ..

Busquets has been my favourite player even since Zidane even above Messi . I recall hearing that he was the first name on Pep’s teamsheet week after week .

I still think he’s got a lot more to offer even if he has to adapt somewhat to accommodate FDJ . I just hope we move Raki on soon as he’s had an horrendous effect on Busqs’s play

Last edited:

Judoman

Just like a Barca GK needs to be good with his feet, and just like a Barca CB needs to be good with his feet and very comfortable with offside traps, a Barca CDM has a unique profile as well.

Busquets does three key things: he provides confidence, retain possession and create critical attacking plays.

Our CDM is exposed, he is a high third CB who will cause us to concede one on one goals if he doesn’t do his job correctly. Busquests knows how to control the ball and do small dribbles while being all so confident. This creates room for other players to focus on their work. Also these small dribbles he does often open plays and allow for the start of a dangerous play.

Is he the best option we have today to fulfill this role? Yes. De Jong has the potential to fill his shoes in the future if that is how the manager grow him.

In my opinion Busquets is the second most important player contributing to Pep’s success after Messi; on par with Iniesta and Xavii

That was 7+ fricking years ago dude.

It s a nice nostalgic look to the past, but the present is waaay different.

For one thing, Guardiola is gone and we have Valverde. We don t play the same possession based attacking football. There isn t Xavi-Iniesta around, to enhance his abilities. DJ and Arthur are not it.
If he provides confidence, than why do we often look scared? If he creates critical attacking plays, than why do we struggle with MF creativity, since...years and years ago? Plus the dude is a liability in defensive part of the game, which for a DMC is a big thing.
He is also slow and he is soft by default.

If somehow the DJ-Arthur duo becomes the new Xavi-Iniesta and they somehow enhance Busquets abilities in both parts of the game, than i m all for it. I hope the dude produces. But, judging from the last few years he is going over the hill and
keeping him in the first 11 for nostalgic reasons is not a good idea.

Home of Barca Fans