Sergio Busquets

Donatello

Well most defensive midfielders will get exploited now and again by players with speed. Casemeiro or kante would have been no different in that Spanish team tonight. The defence were at fault for those goals mainly. A few direct balls and they were caught out

Agreed.

eaman

I would not sell him but let's be honest here he is not on the level he was and even if he was our way of playing changed significantly. He excels in the role he played when both Xavi and Iniesta were here and he is undoubtedly best in the world for that role. On the other hand, nowadays without those two, when we struggle to dominate ball possession it would be much more useful to have a player who is faster in transition and can contribute more in attack and defense.

Name this defensive midfielder who would contribute more in attack anď defense

Andrew M

Absolute gosh against England, like the rest of the spanish team.

Is there a slower player in world football? Does anyone remember Ballesteros, the old Levante captain?? I’d bet he could beat Busquets in a foot race.

I remember Ballesteros :lol:

If there was a paella at the finishing line my money would be on Ballesteros in a race

D10S_JC

He's still top 3 DM imo. We can see how shit the team played when he's not on the pitch.
Maybe he've declined a bit but people blame him for everything.

Messigician

It's funny becayse on the Tottenham forums they were saying how incredible Busquets is the best DM in the world and how much they require a midfielder like him.

Grass is always greener on the other side I guess.

Home of Barca Fans