Sergio Busquets

xXKonan

That's why I hope the club doesn't easily cave into the demands of Alba as well.

Right now there's no reason for us to hurry with his contract extension either.

Joan

Busquets has his flaws, could argue those didn't age well. But he's still very important for the team. We always seem clueless without him on the pitch. Maybe it's due to the lack of practice.

BBZ8800

Busquets has his flaws, could argue those didn't age well. But he's still very important for the team. We always seem clueless without him on the pitch. Maybe it's due to the lack of practice.

Could be.
The world, football and Barca existed before Busquets career and we were able to get the ball out of our half.
If guys like Cocu, Marquez, Edmilson, Van Bommel were good at that, then we will be fine again even without Busquets.

You are right.
A team got used for 10 years that he is taking the ball from our half and we are currently confused without him.
With some practice, we would probably found new mechanisms after a few Months.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I think it's a mixture of him being so good in the past and sentiments. He's still a very good player but his weaknesses aren't helping him and the team might not be able afford to shielding them going forward.

Stoichkov1

According to rac1 there's an agreement with Busi and the Club to raise his salary in his new contract however his contract will still run through 2021 and the release clause remains the same at 200 Million euros.

Apparently in Busi's original contract renewal one of the agreement was that if we bought a player who has higher wages, Busi has to get a salary raise.

Marca says that he will be the second most paid player behind Messi, which means that he will earn more than Suarez. But it can't be possible, right?

http://www.marca.com/futbol/barcelona/2018/08/19/5b79d368ca47415f278b462b.html

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's Marca.

He was our important player for a long time but not anymore. We need to treat our legends properly as we did with Xavi and Iniesta but there should be a limit.

Laplacian

If the new contract is real then it shows the board is satisfied with the football, and we'll be stuck with the group of declining grandpas as our main strategy for a few more years. I can see Pique, Busquets, Rakitic, and Suarez all starting when they're 35.

vlad

If the new contract is real then it shows the board is satisfied with the football, and we'll be stuck with the group of declining grandpas as our main strategy for a few more years. I can see Pique, Busquets, Rakitic, and Suarez all starting when they're 35.

I think its not about that, that board is happy with football barca is playing now, its because "mes que un club" think about that, busi was part of greatest barca generation, doesnt matter that he isnt showing WC performances for some time, he can continue like this and he will retire hereif he wants, board doesnt care much if that is bad for barca on long term, its all about that image and how barca is different then other clubs when it comes to threathing their legends, which is funny considering how barca image was destroyed under rosell and bartro.

Same will be with pique

Edit: i see barcaman's post now, it says all

wisconsincule

Looks like it’s going to be a contract until 2023. Yes he is a club legend but the decline is obvious and that’s too long of a contract.

Catta

Looks like it’s going to be a contract until 2023. Yes he is a club legend but the decline is obvious and that’s too long of a contract.

That would be an idiotic thing to do, so it's probably true. He is already declining fast, he has max 2 seasons in him to play on an adequate level for Barca. He hasn't done anything of note in the past two seasons to deserve a new contract, which will probably include a raise. Currently he is our biggest liability, even more than Suarez.

Alik

That would be an idiotic thing to do, so it's probably true. He is already declining fast, he has max 2 seasons in him to play on an adequate level for Barca. He hasn't done anything of note in the past two seasons to deserve a new contract, which will probably include a raise. Currently he is our biggest liability, even more than Suarez.

No one is a bigger liability than Suarez.

Catta

No one is a bigger liability than Suarez.

I believe that Busi is. Without him, our play would be much faster and in return Suarez would play much better than with our current slow buildup game. I would love to see a couple of games in a row without Busi.

Windhook

Busi is untouchable the way Iniesta was. Even his contract lasts until 2038, he'd still do the same as Don Andres did - leave the club earlier, knowing he is surplus to requirements at FC Barcelona.

Danic

I believe that Busi is. Without him, our play would be much faster and in return Suarez would play much better than with our current slow buildup game. I would love to see a couple of games in a row without Busi.

Same here. Slows down our game too much.

henias

Suarez cant even hold on or linkup if his life depended on it. How is that supposed to be "faster"?

Home of Barca Fans