Sergio Busquets

eaman

C'mon, Casemiro is a better athlete and gets around the pitch better.

Is there stats that prove that? Busquets works very hard. Even if casemeiro slightly is and im not saying he is busquets footballing ability is more important to have

Andrew M

Is there stats that prove that? Busquets works very hard. Even if casemeiro slightly is and im not saying he is busquets footballing ability is more important to have

I feel he needs legs around him at this point. He lack athleticism in the middle of the pitch

xXKonan

Anyone who has watched Busi since he's got to the first team will tell you his biggest strengths are his World Class technical ability and his Brain.

He was never fast nor the most mobile DM out there. He made up for it in his sheer quality on the technical end and reading of the game when it came to defending. Mascherano in his Prime was much more mobile than Busi was at the DM but far weaker than Busi was when it came to the ball and overall ability in the middle of the park.

Giginho75

Casemiro better than Busquets??? 😂😂😂

Many users on this forum deserve to see Gomes as central midfielder!!!

When Casemiro will do the half of what Busquets did and still do, then we can talk...

I still remember the class and the calm of Busquets at Bernabeu in the action of the first goal during last clasico.

eaman

Anyone who has watched Busi since he's got to the first team will tell you his biggest strengths are his World Class technical ability and his Brain.

He was never fast nor the most mobile DM out there. He made up for it in his sheer quality on the technical end and reading of the game when it came to defending. Mascherano in his Prime was much more mobile than Busi was at the DM but far weaker than Busi was when it came to the ball and overall ability in the middle of the park.

No he's not the fastest but not the slowest either. He gets around the pitch just fine and I think it's really just his running style that makes him look slower than he actually is. I saw stats recently of all the players top speeds and he was not near the bottom of the list in fact he was near the top

Andrew M

No he's not the fastest but not the slowest either. He gets around the pitch just fine and I think it's really just his running style that makes him look slower than he actually is. I saw stats recently of all the players top speeds and he was not near the bottom of the list in fact he was near the top

Top speed depends on the distance you're using.

Over a longer distance taller players can be faster like Mathieu. For example Usian Bolt was always a slower starter over 10-20 metres but by 100 he was always comfortably quicker. Acceleration from a standstill is different.

eaman

Top speed depends on the distance you're using.

Over a longer distance taller players can be faster like Mathieu. For example Usian Bolt was always a slower starter over 10-20 metres but by 100 he was always comfortably quicker. Acceleration from a standstill is different.

True. But busquets is able to get plenty of tackles and interceptions in so he's doing ok in those small distances

ab739

Casemiro better than Busquets??? 😂😂😂

Many users on this forum deserve to see Gomes as central midfielder!!!

When Casemiro will do the half of what Busquets did and still do, then we can talk...

I still remember the class and the calm of Busquets at Bernabeu in the action of the first goal during last clasico.

I doubt any club given the choice will pick busquets over casemiro or busquets over kante, this forum is just full of people with rose tinted glasses that massively overrate our players, when Xavi and iniesta declined busquets got exposed hard and is now a liability in champions league. Like it or not Casemiro is what makes that Madrid midfield gel together like glue just due to his sheer presence and physicality and his technical ability is good enough to play against the big club, thats why he is a more complete DM than busquets at this point in their careers

Andresito

Staff member
I doubt any club given the choice will pick busquets over casemiro or busquets over kante, this forum is just full of people with rose tinted glasses that massively overrate our players, when Xavi and iniesta declined busquets got exposed hard and is now a liability in champions league. Like it or not Casemiro is what makes that Madrid midfield gel together like glue just due to his sheer presence and physicality and his technical ability is good enough to play against the big club, thats why he is a more complete DM than busquets at this point in their careers

:tata:

Giginho75

I haven't pink glasses, don't worry and for sure I don't overrate a player as Busquets.
Casemiro is strong and better just for the age, brcause is younger than Busi...
but our player is of another planet mostly tactically and how manages the ball on the pitch in a lot of dangerous moments.

Busquets overrated!?!? It's incredible reading this...
Mostly after what Busquets has shown in in career...

You can ask to Guardiola about him.

Barcilliant

I haven't pink glasses, don't worry and for sure I don't overrate a player as Busquets.
Casemiro is strong and better just for the age, brcause is younger than Busi...
but our player is of another planet mostly tactically and how manages the ball on the pitch in a lot of dangerous moments.

Busquets overrated!?!? It's incredible reading this...
Mostly after what Busquets has shown in in career...

You can ask to Guardiola about him.

Busquets can only play in a specific way in a specific system. Casemiro, Kante are more versatile and better suited to the CL.

With our current way of playing I'd take Rakitic over Busquets as dm.

Giginho75

Busquets can only play in a specific way in a specific system. Casemiro, Kante are more versatile and better suited to the CL.

With our current way of playing I'd take Rakitic over Busquets as dm.

You can be sure...Busquets will be in the starting eleven...
too much important and precious for us!

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I hope, that one day, for one random reason, every professional manager and footballer in the world will be asked who is the best defensive midfielder there has ever been because the majority that is sane will say it is Sergio Busquets. Be fucking glad that Pep gave this dude the chance to step up and enlighten the football world. The day he will retire you will miss him like Xavi or Iniesta. Dude is a freaking genius and will never be replicated.
Do not ever doubt him, he is above all others.

Andrew M

I hope, that one day, for one random reason, every professional manager and footballer in the world will be asked who is the best defensive midfielder there has ever been because the majority that is sane will say it is Sergio Busquets. Be fucking glad that Pep gave this dude the chance to step up and enlighten the football world. The day he will retire you will miss him like Xavi or Iniesta. Dude is a freaking genius and will never be replicated.
Do not ever doubt him, he is above all others.

Just to be clear, you think Busquets is a good player, right?

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
sergio.jpg

Home of Barca Fans