Page 666 of 667 FirstFirst ... 166566616656664665666667 LastLast
Results 9,976 to 9,990 of 9991

Thread: 5 - Sergio Busquets

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta View Post
    2016/17 right side was a mess due to Messi. He abandons the position way too much and drifts centrally.

If he could play there, great. But Valverde didn't try this because he didn't want Messi to play there hut because he couldn't make it work.
    He's always drifted centrally from RW though because he's not an out an out winger.. I think any problems with the right side is more on the midfield and RB than Messi.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in on 666'th page
    ,,Concha de tu madre, hijo de mil putas"

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilarrubi View Post
    He's always drifted centrally from RW though because he's not an out an out winger.. I think any problems with the right side is more on the midfield and RB than Messi.
    But Messi doesn't just drift centrally, he abandons his position all the time. Stretching the midfield wide etc.

Of course it's on the midfield and RB because there's no one else there more often than not.
    Last edited by Joan Laporta; 6th July 2018 at 11:21 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But Messi doesn't just drift centrally, he abandons his position all the time. Stretching the midfield wide etc.

Of course it's on the midfield and RB because there's no one else there more often than not.
    I honestly can’t remember how that was an issue that season.. I went to a few games in 16/17 and watched every other game on TV and all I can remember is how good Messi was.

Can you give me any examples or games where Messi stretching the midfield affected us? Genuine question, I really can’t rememer that well.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilarrubi View Post
    I honestly canít remember how that was an issue that season.. I went to a few games in 16/17 and watched every other game on TV and all I can remember is how good Messi was.

Can you give me any examples or games where Messi stretching the midfield affected us? Genuine question, I really canít rememer that well.
    No better example than Barca PSG 0:4.

Messi was great (noz that game) but it wasn't the best setup for us.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No better example than Barca PSG 0:4.

Messi was great (noz that game) but it wasn't the best setup for us.
    I was meaning just Messi’s affect rather than the 4-3-3 in general.. but that comes back to what I’ve thought for a while, a 3 man midfield with Rakitic/Busi/Iniesta was mostly ineffective and even worse without possession... rather than it being on Messi.

I still believe a competent 3 man midfield with Busi as CDM and Messi RW would work. Probably without Roberto RB too.

Also just remembered.. Gomes started at RCM for us that game... says it all really.
    Last edited by Vilarrubi; 6th July 2018 at 12:00 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barca could bring Kante, play him as a CM to cover the middle and the right area, his energy, speed and stamina should be enough to do that. Let Busquets play as a DM and Messi at RW. I think the main issue would be when Kante goes to right area to cover Messi. In that case, our CF (Suarez probably) should drop to help in the middle.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipetonelo View Post
    Barca could bring Kante, play him as a CM to cover the middle and the right area, his energy, speed and stamina should be enough to do that. Let Busquets play as a DM and Messi at RW. I think the main issue would be when Kante goes to right area to cover Messi. In that case, our CF (Suarez probably) should drop to help in the middle.
    But it's Suarez. He's even less likely to drop back than Messi.

As it is now we can't really rely on those two when we don't have the ball, as I've seen many point out in the past.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaviniesta View Post
    This thread is cancer. Show some respect to Busquets. Have you people forgot what are team looks like when he doesnít play?
    irony died thousand deaths

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Busquets and Pique are past it. They will do great in 90% of the games but in big matches against cl elite clubs they will be exposed... yet again.

Kante over Busquets anyday at this point in time.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Busquets is still great when he plays as the sole DM. He had a pretty good tournament for Spain. If we play 4-3-3, he is the best option at DM. He just can't function with another DM next to him.

But, if we want to play predominantly 4-4-2, I think we should get Kante and play Kante-Rakitić in the most important games.

Improvin' Perfection!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBfan22 View Post
    Busquets is still great when he plays as the sole DM. He had a pretty good tournament for Spain. If we play 4-3-3, he is the best option at DM. He just can't function with another DM next to him.

But, if we want to play predominantly 4-4-2, I think we should get Kante and play Kante-Rakitić in the most important games.
    Well that's not true. He did win a WC and a EC with Xabi playing right beside him

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryagorn View Post
    Well that's not true. He did win a WC and a EC with Xabi playing right beside him
    He underperforms now almost every time wihen Rakitić is playing next to him in 4-4-2, meanwhile when he plays as the only DM, he is pretty great.

EC and WC were a long time ago and there was probably the best attacking midfield ever in front of them.

Improvin' Perfection!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He underperforms now almost every time wihen Rakitić is playing next to him in 4-4-2, meanwhile when he plays as the only DM, he is pretty great.

EC and WC were a long time ago and there was probably the best attacking midfield ever in front of them.
    Yeah well that's the problem. The blame has to be taken equally by under performing Rakitic and the old age Iniesta or even the lack of pressing from up top fro that matter or the stupid 4-42 formation!

Moral of the story is: Busi has shown he can be part of a double pivot in a 3 man mid field unlike the popular belief here or may be just your opinion

I don't think we can call even Rakitic as an under performing player considering how he has helped us win a treble by scoring in a CL final while playing in a 3 man mid field

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+ Xabi Alonso was a miles, miles better player than Rakitić.