Sergio Busquets

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Cant judge anything from Spain games this season.

Iniesta has looked his old self and it is nowhere near been the intensity or testing environment as Barca.

Nonsense. Busquets excelled against Italy who were desperately trying to qualify for the WC. And he excelled against every other team in the qualifiers as well, and the friendlies they've played. Busi's level for Spain has more or less remained as high as ever.

http://vivabarca.net/busquets-and-iniesta-vs-italy/

Iniesta did too, because that system is also most favorable for him (and he was in better form earlier in the season for Barca as well before he got fatigued).

The problem is and always has been this utter shit formation and system. It is ruining the team's potential and the biggest reason for the underperformance of Busquets and other key players. To think we would discard of the greatest defensive midfielder of all time is absurd, even moreso for a joke of a player who couldn't break a line of pressure if his life depended on it.

JamDav1982

Nonsense. Busquets excelled against Italy who were desperately trying to qualify for the WC. And he excelled against every other team in the qualifiers as well, and the friendlies they've played. Busi's level for Spain has more or less remained as high as ever.

http://vivabarca.net/busquets-and-iniesta-vs-italy/

Iniesta did too, because that system is also most favorable for him (and he was in better form earlier in the season for Barca as well before he got fatigued).

The problem is and always has been this utter shit formation and system. It is ruining the team's potential and the biggest reason for the underperformance of Busquets and other key players. To think we would discard of the greatest defensive midfielder of all time is absurd, even moreso for a joke of a player who couldn't break a line of pressure if his life depended on it.

A poor Italy team that couldnt qualify.

Those qualifiers are nothing to point to as any great proof.

Iniesta did as he is protected more, against poorer teams in less intense games.

Of course Busi shouldnt be sold.

kollegah

I thought Busquets was much better this season than he was in Enrique's final one. That being said; I don't think it would hurt us that much if we sold him for a big fee, used Rakitic as the pivot, then bought a player like Eriksen/Thiago to play alongside him and Coutinho.

Busquets used to be quite underrated among non barca supporters but he's started to get a bit overrated by fans who try to sound smart by saying things like "Busquets is more important to the team than Messi"

Xavi mentiones 3 names when he said he played with the best: Messi, iniesta and busi.

And still I have to read it wouldnt hurt Barca a lot if he leaves.

Truthist

Think he did fairly ok considering in previous seasons he always sucked when played double pivot.

Problem is we have too many slow players though and midfield can get overrun.

The lack of speed is the biggest problem and out of all of them Busi is the slowest. Genius on the ball, liability without it these days.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Who thinks Busi is a liability in defense should stop watch this game. He is always one step ahead so not the slowest but the fastest by far. Xavi had that, Iniesta has it, Messi to a certain extent but Busi man, he is top 10 all time in Barca easy and maybe even more. He is this generation's best player after Messi, like for real.

xXKonan

Doesn't help Busi had a two slow CM partners and two slow Forwards that don't track back enough in front of him as well all season.

Busi is slow but he's intelligent to make up for it but despite that there's just so much you can do in that situation when you have an overload of four slow ass players, two who don't track back and the other two that can't cover enough ground anymore due to the lack of pace.

FinBarcelonafan

Doesn't help Busi had a two slow CM partners and two slow Forwards that don't track back enough in front of him as well all season.

Busi is slow but he's intelligent to make up for it but despite that there's just so much you can do in that situation when you have an overload of four slow ass players, two who don't track back and the other two that can't cover enough ground anymore due to the lack of pace.

Exactly. I wonder if Barca has figured this out? I hope so.

xXKonan

Alba is on a contract that was renewed back in 2015 If I remember correctly.

also lol worthy that Busi is making less than those two consider how much more important Busi has been to our success for the past decade.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Alba is on a contract that was renewed back in 2015 If I remember correctly.

also lol worthy that Busi is making less than those two consider how much more important Busi has been to our success for the past decade.

Then that must be wrong. No way it makes sense.

Catta

No way he is less paid than Raki and Alba. As far as I know Busi is only behind Messi and Suarez, with a slightly higher salary than Pique. And that is fair, he should not get any more, he is 30, and his contract runs out in 2021, he didn't even have a great season by his standards to request an improvement on his current deal.

Havesaks

No way he is less paid than Raki and Alba. As far as I know Busi is only behind Messi and Suarez, with a slightly higher salary than Pique. And that is fair, he should not get any more, he is 30, and his contract runs out in 2021, he didn't even have a great season by his standards to request an improvement on his current deal.

If the rumours holds truth then he should get the rise he was promised by Bartomeu. I dont think he should earn less than either Coutinho or Dembele at least:

In a perfect woruld, this order would make sense:
1. Messi
2. Suarez
Coutinho/Busquets
Pique
Dembele
Rakitic
Alba

Home of Barca Fans