Sergio Busquets

Andrew M

Fuck me sideways... In what way was Rakitic better than Busquets?

Busquets made more interceptions, made more tackles, made more passes, higher dribbling percentage, won more duels, drew more fouls. He also the link to Messi in this double pivot system...

All this in a double pivot system that he struggles with.

Some of you need to get your minds read. Seriously. Busquets is pivotal (pun intended) to our possession, winning the ball back and soaking up pressure.

So how much more money are you going to give him, then?

M

MessiCam

So how much more money are you going to give him, then?

As much as it takes to keep him happy if that story is true which I doubt.

With Iniesta gone he is by a country mile the best midfielder we have and we can’t afford to lose him or have him unhappy.

I really can’t believe some on this forum. They’d happily keep Suárez and Rakitic around, even tailoring a system built up over 30 years to their strengths while everybody else suffers but are quick to say Busquets can fuck right off. Where is the disconnect?

serghei

With Iniesta gone he is by a country mile the best midfielder we have and we can’t afford to lose him or have him unhappy.

I really can’t believe some on this forum. They’d happily keep Suárez and Rakitic around, even tailoring a system built up over 30 years to their strengths while everybody else suffers but are quick to say Busquets can fuck right off. Where is the disconnect?

Everybody can fuck off if they want more and more money as if we're PSG.

We play like shit in CL for 3 seasons and everybody wants more money.

M

MessiCam

Everybody can fuck off if they want more and more money as if we're PSG.

We play like shit in CL for 3 seasons and everybody wants more money.
Paulinho earns more money than Busquets for chrissake. He is well within his rights to seek parity as a senior member and serial performer.

Andrew M

If Rakitic or Suarez were asking for new contracts right now I'd say they could shove it too. My point is that Busquets, if this is true, is being greedy. Probably after Iniesta going is the highest paid midfielder already. I think Iniesta was on 10 mill net and Busi is on 7 mill net currently. His performances don't justify an improvement given he has a clause of 200 mill for another 3 years.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Doubt he is that greedy but who knows. Club fucked up handing out big contracts to much worse players who only got here.

RMU ReBorn

According to Sport he wants a bigger contract and he already earns 14 mil per season! If this is true I am truly disappointed in him. He didn’t play well at all this year, Rakitic had a much better season and Busi is also turning 30 in one month. He has a buyout of 200 mill so if someone wants to pay that amount of money for him I honestly don’t care anymore. I would never increase his salary. He was fantastic in that pivot role in 4-3-3 with Xavi and Iniesta but in this system (4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1) he is absolutely replaceable for 200 mil.

https://www.sport-english.com/en/ne...tomeu-for-improved-deal-or-a-transfer-6814632
Absolutely there is no room for sentiments here. Fan boys can fap over whatever the attributes Busi posess. He has been a fantastic player for us and a Barca legend . But over the past two season he got exposed a lot . He won't thrive anymore without a player covering for him. Rakitic was by far the better midfielder this season compared to him and considering that Iniesta doesn't play 90 minutes

GOAT_SUAREZ

According to Sport he wants a bigger contract and he already earns 14 mil per season! If this is true I am truly disappointed in him. He didn’t play well at all this year, Rakitic had a much better season and Busi is also turning 30 in one month. He has a buyout of 200 mill so if someone wants to pay that amount of money for him I honestly don’t care anymore. I would never increase his salary. He was fantastic in that pivot role in 4-3-3 with Xavi and Iniesta but in this system (4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1) he is absolutely replaceable for 200 mil.

https://www.sport-english.com/en/ne...tomeu-for-improved-deal-or-a-transfer-6814632
He won't get a new contract so it doesn't matter.

Barcilliant

I will get 200milliion ID sell asap. Busquets has been a great player but his current form does not justify another pay increase.

We need a stronger, faster Dm and Busquets can leave if he wishes to.

Nothanks

he will be 33 when his contract runs out, and his contract was signed just 2 years ago

IF and only IF these rumors are true then we shouldn't bend backwards.. he's one of my favorite players but he's already paid one of the highest in the team.

Home of Barca Fans