Sergio Busquets

DinhoR10

Guys if Mascherano could have Robben in his pocket for 120 mins I think he can handle being DM. And unlike with Argentina he has Rakitic next to him to help him defend and to do distro. Mascherano shouldn't be a deciding factor if he gives a good game defensively. Messi/Rakitic/Iniesta will handle any attacking issues and they can also handle tempo. We should be fine.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
No the lack of appreciation for Busi is too damn low. People in here were like "he is past it" for the whole season.

I agree with you. People don't appreciate Busi enough. However, the statements that say an injured Busi is better than Masche are a bit laughable, especially when said injury is a leg injury.

DrPepper

Guys if Mascherano could have Robben in his pocket for 120 mins I think he can handle being DM. And unlike with Argentina he has Rakitic next to him to help him defend and to do distro. Mascherano shouldn't be a deciding factor if he gives a good game defensively. Messi/Rakitic/Iniesta will handle any attacking issues and they can also handle tempo. We should be fine.

Can't really compare playing for that defensive minded Argentina and playing for Barca. Though, in all fairness, for a team like Argentina Mascherano is like ten times better as DM than Busquets could ever be. At Barca it's the other way around.

DrPepper

Not good enough as a DM != not good enough as a DM for Barca

They possess different strengths and weakness but can both be considered as world class.

Alarcón

Argentina defended with 10 men

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
+1 :lol:

Why did we buy him in the first place? Obviously not as good as Busquets, but also as CB not truly world class and yet too good to be a backup player...

You're going a bit far there. He's been an important player for us, so I'm glad we brought him. We brought him as a replacement for Toure btw.

Kuchi

Sergio is more technical with the ball, definitely better in keeping possession, but that's it...Masche reads the game better, is stronger on his feet, defends better, is a leader, takes way more responsibility and is a total rock star! Not to mention that since our legendary midfield only lives in legends from seasons past, we need Masche more than ever due to his much needed physicality and intensity.

L

linetty

Is it so hard for you to understand? Masch is world class but not for Barca and that's as obvious as it gets. For Barca Masch is a Fiat and Busi is a Ferrari. Masch being as good as Busi, as some of you suggest, is also funny.

Home of Barca Fans