Sergio Busquets

Zangash

Banned
Clasico will be tough whoever plays. Sure, Mascherano isn't as good technically as Busquets but he is no slouch technically and he is a lot more mobile than Busquets which will be an advantage.

Playing with Mascherano as DM essentially gives us two CMs and three CBs. Not very appealing at all.

We're lucky Madrid is in such shit form going into it. This is one of the few times I think scoring on them early would actually be a major boost to our chances of winning.

Alik

Playing with Mascherano as DM essentially gives us two CMs and three CBs. Not very appealing at all.

We're lucky Madrid is in such shit form going into it. This is one of the few times I think scoring on them early would actually be a major boost to our chances of winning.

A win against Madrid would be fantastic. But at the end of the day, we might be happy with a draw.

barcanuck

Could be blessing in disguise to have Masche on DM not CB vs Real. Both have been exposed quiet badly when both are playing.

DrPepper

Could be blessing in disguise to have Masche on DM not CB vs Real. Both have been exposed quiet badly when both are playing.

Well yeah. The good thing is Mascherano doesn't have to play CB because he's always been incredibly bad against RM (or nearly every other top team) there. Real have always put crosses in his area which he was never going to win against the likes of Benzema or Ronaldo.

Busquets missing on the other hand... I hope Mascherano will have a good game at DM. He was rightfully criticised against Rayo but against Real his (lack of) technical ability will be secondary, while his physicality could be key.

Truthist

Mascherano is far better suited against a counter attacking team like Madrid than Busquets, I feel.

Also, he may not be as technically gifted but he doesn't hog the ball in dangerous areas either.

So, there's pros and cons between the two. I don't know, I feel we are more solid with Mascherano CDM.

FC B

I feel the same. But also Bartra must play along Pique and not Mathieu but imo that scenario isn't likely at all vs. rm.
So Mathieu now would be the weak link to be exploited in our defence.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead

Agreed. Here is why:
  • RM won't be able to exploit Mascerano height if he played as CB;
  • Mascherano's tackles will leave less work for Pique and Mathieu (and Bravo);
  • Mascherano doesn't try to dribble next to his own box;
  • Mascherano's long balls to Suarez will create danger.

I

instinct

There are certainly a few advantages for us when we have Masche as DM but we shouldn't kid ourselves. We are much weaker without Busquets no matter what Masche brings.

G

Gasgas

Agreed. Here is why:
  • RM won't be able to exploit Mascerano height if he played as CB;
  • Mascherano's tackles will leave less work for Pique and Mathieu (and Bravo);
  • Mascherano doesn't try to dribble next to his own box;
  • Mascherano's long balls to Suarez will create danger.
:worthy:

Home of Barca Fans