Should Chelsea be considered a TOP team?

Should Chelsea be considered a TOP team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I agree with the majority here, Chelsea are tier 2 when it comes to being a top team right now, behind the obvious top 3. Top club when it comes to history? Nah, we're making our history now, clubs like United, Bayern, Real, Barca, Juve etc etc have their history from long ago and have continued to be successful, even if they have their blips.

K

kingleo1

of course Chelsea are a top team, i would put them in the top tier with Barca, Real and Bayern, Chelsea are capable of beating anyone and they will only get better next season, mou is really building a strong team, people underestimate them because they dont always dominate games, but they know how to win, they dont need to always dominate, they can adapt to their opponents and play different styles which makes them a very good team.

Chelsea only need a few top signings plus a few squad players and they are serious contenders for the CL

Last edited:

Hassan Ashas

of course Chelsea are a top team, i would put them in the top tier with Barca, Real and Bayern, Chelsea are capable of beating anyone and they will only get better next season, mou is really building a strong team, people underestimate them because they dont always dominate games, but they know how to win, they dont need to always dominate, they can adapt to their opponents and play different styles which makes them a very good team.

Chelsea only need a few top signings plus a few squad players and they are serious contenders for the CL

Like Barca, Real and Bayern, Chelsea don't have a STAR player ( I am talking about stars like Ronaldo, Messi and Robben not Hazard, Bale or Neymar ).
Furthermore, they have average players in few of their positions like RW, Willian isn't a world class player. Bring Grizemann or Bale? That's another story. Similarly, I don't think their LB is a world class player. Oscar is also not a GREAT player. They should bring a new good CDM and play him alongside Matic and bring Fabregas to CAM, that would make their team more strong. Cahill is also not a world class player at the moment. Bringing Varane will open up a new chapter. So, overall, Chelsea, in my opinion, shouldn't be placed alongside Barca, Bayern or Real.

bismp

Like Barca, Real and Bayern, Chelsea don't have a STAR player ( I am talking about stars like Ronaldo, Messi and Robben not Hazard, Bale or Neymar ).
Furthermore, they have average players in few of their positions like RW, Willian isn't a world class player. Bring Grizemann or Bale? That's another story. Similarly, I don't think their LB is a world class player. Oscar is also not a GREAT player. They should bring a new good CDM and play him alongside Matic and bring Fabregas to CAM, that would make their team more strong. Cahill is also not a world class player at the moment. Bringing Varane will open up a new chapter. So, overall, Chelsea, in my opinion, shouldn't be placed alongside Barca, Bayern or Real.
I can't see how Ney and Hazard are not stars,but robben is

vukkapor

Chelsea only need a better stadium and they would be top 4 club.

wat.png

bismp

Bundesliga can't hold a candle to La Liga. And it's 3 that they have won, not 4.

CL, we are about the same if we win in Berlin. Only we have beaten better teams through the years.
Man you are forgetting our last season.We were really bad...If last season wasn't that bad and we were at 2012/13 quality,maybe you would be right.

StarLord

Man you are forgetting our last season.We were really bad...If last season wasn't that bad and we were at 2012/13 quality,maybe you would be right.

That is precisely the point.

Even when we are "really bad", we are still fighting on all fronts with extremely narrow losses everywhere. One wrongly disallowed Messi goal against Atleti would have given us the Liga title over CL finalists Atletico and Real Madrid, we also reached the CdR final and lost by the odd-goal to the European champions (Neymar hit the bar in the final minute) and we also suffered a very narrow defeat in the CL. You can also add our two Liga victories over Real Madrid. We also had both Messi and Neymar injured for large parts of the season, yet people still think we were awful last season. This is indicative of how how we have raised the bar in recent years when these things are considered "disastrous".

Home of Barca Fans