Should Chelsea be considered a TOP team?

Should Chelsea be considered a TOP team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
R

Ryu Hayabusa

How about 4 finals in 9 years?

Obviously worse than 3 in 4.

Still, the matter is that StarLord, as usual, wants to put Barca ahead of everyone else, and has no shame utililzing apologetic arguments of the worst kind to justify his ridiculous put-Barca-on-a-pedestal need. StarLord, seriously, you as a person have achieved absolutely nothing and your life won't get any better if Barca could objectively be declared slightly ahead of competitors such as Bayern or Real. Nobody at Barca gives a shit whether or not you are a fan, let alone whether you are a BarcaJusticeWarrior on the internet.

StarLord

Obviously worse than 3 in 4.

Still, the matter is that StarLord, as usual, wants to put Barca ahead of everyone else, and has no shame utililzing apologetic arguments of the worst kind to justify his ridiculous put-Barca-on-a-pedestal need. StarLord, seriously, you as a person have achieved absolutely nothing and your life won't get any better if Barca could objectively be declared slightly ahead of competitors such as Bayern or Real. Nobody at Barca gives a shit whether or not you are a fan, let alone whether you are a BarcaJusticeWarrior on the internet.

:wacko:

But still, do read my edit. Maybe it will help you understand.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
[MENTION=16262]Ryu Hayabusa[/MENTION]

Didn't want to do this, but let's raise the bar. 4 finals, 4 titles in 10 years certainly trumps 3 finals, 1 title in 10 years.

bismp

1.Barca,Real,Bayern
2.PSG,Chelsea,Juve
3.Arsenal,ATM
4.ManU,ManC,Sevilla,Valencia,BVB
5.Porto,Monaco,Napoli,Roma,Schalke,Leverkusen,Liverpool,Spurs etc

R

Ryu Hayabusa

[MENTION=16262]Ryu Hayabusa[/MENTION]

Didn't want to do this, but let's raise the bar. 4 finals, 4 titles in 10 years certainly trumps 3 finals, 1 title in 10 years.

Usually, you're better than this ;)

Fact is, the overwhelming majority of football fans out there, even most of the users here on this forum, would most likely always say "Bayern, Barca, Real are the best three teams if you look at the past three years and are rightly considered to be in a class of their own" (order of mention is not meant to indicate a preference).

If somebody now comes out and says, "Wait a minute, clearly Barca is better than the other two", then that sounds a lot like some pedantic complex to start a pissing contest whenever people don't consider Barca at the very top of the foot chain, even if those people actually hold that believe but also think that Barca has to share the spotlight. Let me remind you, this is the first season in three years where Barca looks (slightly) the better compared to the other two teams in question. You have no right to claim the sole top spot just now, before even having won the CL, and even then...

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
If we win the CL then we should be the best team of this decade by some difference. In the last 4 years bayern was slightly better i think. But 4 years is really a short time imo, wait one more year barca might be the best or maybe real will become best. That is why a decade would be more appropriate for determining who is the best team.

serghei

If somebody now comes out and says, "Wait a minute, clearly Barca is better than the other two", then that sounds a lot like some pedantic complex to start a pissing contest whenever people don't consider Barca at the very top of the foot chain, even if those people actually hold that believe but also think that Barca has to share the spotlight. Let me remind you, this is the first season in three years where Barca looks (slightly) the better compared to the other two teams in question. You have no right to claim the sole top spot just now, before even having won the CL, and even then...

Be careful there, you really don't want to start a discussion you can't win.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Be careful there, you really don't want to start a discussion you can't win.

:lol:

1) This was about Chelsea, before StarLord introduced another one of his pissing contests.

2) Until we have set definite parameters, any discussion would be completely pointless anyways. But I like how you just follow suit in the Barca über alles claim/mind-set.

StarLord

:lol:

1) This was about Chelsea, before StarLord introduced another one of his pissing contests.

2) Until we have set definite parameters, any discussion would be completely pointless anyways. But I like how you just follow suit in the Barca über alles claim/mind-set.

All I said about Chelsea, replying to the OP, was that between 04-09 they were definitely one of the best in Europe. Since then, not really. It was others who started posting tiers with the best clubs in Europe (nothing wrong with that btw) and I posted mine.

My thesis is that the only team that has won more than one CL in the past decade or so (could actually be 4 pretty soon) challenges on all fronts almost every season (who else has done that?) and has beaten all the big clubs of Europe in the recent past (decade) is entitled to take home the unofficial title of "Best team in the world".

bismp

Lol
Bayern:2 semi finals(trashed but semi finals still),one final and one cup+4 Bundesliga titles iirc
Barca:2 semi finals(in the second one we got our ass kicked really hard),one final/cup+2 LaLiga titles

Icarium

Lifestealer

Bayern -

2012 final
2013 winners
2014 semi finals
2015 semi finals

Barca -

2012 - Semi finals
2013 - Semi finals
2014 - Quarters
2015 - finals/winners

I think it is pretty obvious. But hard to judge the ability of the team over 4 years because of it constantly changes. If you just want to compare the peaks.... then this barca is better than bayern in the last 4 years imo.

Home of Barca Fans