Should Chelsea be considered a TOP team?

Should Chelsea be considered a TOP team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
M

monamou

Valencia... yeah, I knew I prolly forgot a couple... :p

Though I definitely disagree in regard to them being the same level. There is a huge gap in reputation among the named clubs, even if Sevilla keeps dominating the EL at will.
Also, Porto is a consitent performer in the CL and even in the CL knockout states. In no way are they below Sevilla or even Valencia.
They don't have that much money. But pure footballing wise I think they're pretty much on par./

StarLord

Now seriously:

1. Barca

2. Bayern, Real Madrid

3. Juventus, Chelsea, PSG, Atletico, Man City, Arsenal

4. Man United*, Sevilla, Valencia, Wolfsburg, Gladbach, Leverkusen, Zenit, Napoli, Lyon, Monaco etc etc etc...

*United can improve dramatically next season with all the money they got. But for now, they are nothing special.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Now seriously:

1. Barca

2. Bayern, Real Madrid

3. Juventus, Chelsea, PSG, Atletico, Man City, Arsenal

4. Man United*, Sevilla, Valencia, Wolfsburg, Gladbach, Leverkusen, Zenit, Napoli, Lyon, Monaco etc etc etc...

*United can improve dramatically next season with all the money they got. But for now, they are nothing special.

Disagree. Though I admit I look at it from a 2-3 season angle, while you seem to emphasize the latter part of the current season, which makes no sense in regard to the question at hand.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Was the question about the last 2-3 seasons specifically?

No, though it is clear that to answer the question just by looking at the exact "now" makes little sense, while looking at the "trend" appears more advisable. And a trend in footballing terms would require at least two to five years to be taken into consideration.

StarLord

No, though it is clear that to answer the question just by looking at the exact "now" makes little sense, while looking at the "trend" appears more advisable. And a trend in footballing terms would require at least two to five years to be taken into consideration.

The only way for Bayern and Real to be in the same sentence as Barcelona is to take the last 2-3 seasons specifically Make it 5 seasons, or 10 seasons, or this season, and it's Barca all the way. But yes, Bayern/RM will have a go at us for sure next season as we are banned from signing players while them are not.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

The only way for Bayern and Real to be in the same sentence as Barcelona is to take the last 2-3 seasons specifically Make it 5 seasons, or 10 seasons, or this season, and it's Barca all the way. But yes, Bayern/RM will have a go at us for sure next season as we are banned from signing players while them are not.

Same crap as usual. Especially the 5 seasons claim. Need I really remind you who was in the final 3 times within 4 years? A hint, it was not Barca.

Last edited:

Neymessi

Then why have the epl teams other than Chelsea at the same level of PSG or Atletico? and even Liverpool a tier below it when it should be 4/5.

Thats because I have taken only 3 tiers and only the BIG teams in consideration and only.Had there been 5 tiers the positions would be different then.

StarLord

Same crap as usual. Especially the 5 seasons claim. Need I really remind you who was in the final 3 times within 4 years? A hint, it was not Barca.

When your semi-final opponents are Lyon, you are bound to reach some final when you are clearly under-par. If we win in Berlin, we are well ahead of you, both for the decade, and the half-decade as well.

All football fans tend to isolate the one period or specific statistic that makes their team look as good as possible. We have been the best team for a decade now, and that is the least biased or obscure statistic that one can ponder on.

As for Bayern's final appearances. Well, is underwhelming polite enough?

Edit: To put it differently, the Bayern of the last two seasons were far superior to the Bayern of both 2010 (by several magnitudes) and 2012 (by some margin) but still lost their semis quite comprehensively while the 2010 and 2012 versions did reach in the final in very fortuitous (2010) and somewhat fortuitous (2012) circumstances. I tend to take everything under consideration, and not just random isolated stat-bites.

As for Barcelona, outside of our 3 CLs (possible 4, while all others had to contend themselves with 1 or 0) it is indicative that for many major clubs around Europe, their most awesome highlight in the period under discussion is when they beat Barcelona (if the did, that is) We have been the team of reference for most of the decade. Most have expressed the desire to "play like Barcelona" or to "reach the level of Barcelona" or "to find a way to beat Barcelona". Every bright new prospect or any world-class player having their best season, are always "compared" to Messi, etc etc etc...

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans