Are we going to lack leadership in the dressing room?

raskolnikov

Don't agree with you about that.
He came in Barcelona after the fiasco of the WC and all he wanted is people to forget him and focus on football. I don't think that he arrived in the team as a leader but more with the attitude of someone who wants to integrate the squad and look as a normal guy/player. He's definitely not a leader. Not in FC Barcelona.

The likes of Pique/Andres/Masche/Busi all have more legitimacy to be leaders.
Yeah you are right about that, he isnt the same as he was at Liverpool/Ajax, way more humble now.
I do think he is more of a leader at heart, maybe its something that will grow over time at Barca.

Younes Lamrani

Well as many of you guys said , there's no better leaders in the team than Masche , Messi and Bravo , next to busquet , but for i really think that Suarez could be the perfect one after Masche , althought i agree with those who say that busquet even thought he doesnt seem like a strong leader but he is for real , cuz puyol and xavi cant prefer him out of nowhere ! Still Messi is my fav for that role

tumblr_np4k7wG0321sk2y1wo2_540.jpg

Last edited:

raki

Don't agree with you about that.
He came in Barcelona after the fiasco of the WC and all he wanted is people to forget him and focus on football. I don't think that he arrived in the team as a leader but more with the attitude of someone who wants to integrate the squad and look as a normal guy/player. He's definitely not a leader. Not in FC Barcelona.

The likes of Pique/Andres/Masche/Busi all have more legitimacy to be leaders.

He´s a leader where it matter the most: the pitch. The way messi performs inspires and assures all his colleagues.

raskolnikov

Well as many of you guys said , there's no better leaders in the team than Masche , Messi and Bravo , next to busquet , but for i really think that Suarez could be the perfect one after Masche , althought i agree with those who say that busquet even thought he doesnt seem like a strong leader but he is for real , cuz puyol and xavi cant prefer him out of nowhere ! Still Messi is my fav for that role

tumblr_np4k7wG0321sk2y1wo2_540.jpg
Messi is no leader, he is an introvert that happens to be the goat. So inspires trough his actions on the pitch but you will never see him fire up the troops in a circle or yell at them (besides Tello and Villa) like Puyol. Not a diss at Messi either, he just isnt a natural leader like Puyol or currently Mascherano.

article-2690792-1F9F81F100000578-936_634x477.jpg

Its the same at Brazil with Thiago Silva and Neymar.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Messi is no leader, he is an introvert that happens to be the goat. So inspires trough his actions on the pitch but you will never see him fire up the troops in a circle or yell at them (besides Tello and Villa) like Puyol. Not a diss at Messi either, he just isnt a natural leader like Puyol or currently Mascherano.

That picture is misleading. The ref had called Messi over.

Mexcelona

Bravo, Pique, Mascherano, Iniesta, Messi, Suarez, Neymar are all respectable leaders
easy to say we do not lack in that department.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
ter Stegen could also be a captain by the time he is 30-35. He has a strong personality. What's more, do not forget about Bartra when he is 27 :pep:

Mexcelona

also lol at the arguments that messi cannot be a leader.
if i were in the pitch and i did something wrong.. and messi comes over to me and tells me i did something wrong i'm going to listen to the guy that is the best in the world.
leadership doesn't mean you have to yell or push your teammates, a good leader gives calmness to the squad, teaches his teammates and gives opportunity.. like how messi constantly looks to feed his teammates, neymar especially.. even gives the kid a penalty here and there

raskolnikov

That makes him a good teammate not a leader. Messi inspires trough his skills as a player not his leadership skills. Why does he have to made great at everything?

Younes Lamrani

I know that Messi although he's the monster of monsters , but still he's so shy and i rarely see him yell at someone even those who beat him up and kick him all the time , the only time i saw Messi for real getting mad and starting to fight was in the match of la Liga againt Atletico when he defended Ney from Godin , and honestly ,that made that day for me double happy , i mean seeing Messi acting like that showing the beautiful connection and the sweet friendship between those two amazing talents and im very proud of them all .

tumblr_nojnpntCF51r7bseko2_r1_250.gif

back to topic : I personally think that Messi would be a great leader because simply everyone respect him and all the team have no problem calling him "The All team " like they called la liga with "La Messi Liga " ; including Enrique who finally understood that no one is above Messi in barcelona while he's still playing there .

JamDav1982

There are different kinds of leaders though, some like Masch being very vocal and other like Messi that lead by example and through huge respect from everyone.

There is all kinds at Barca. Nothing at all to worry about.

Personally I would like to see Messi as capt but any of them deserve it.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
the only time i saw Messi for real getting mad and starting to fight was in the match of la Liga againt Atletico when he defended Ney from Godin , and honestly ,that made that day for me double happy , i mean seeing Messi acting like that showing the beautiful connection and the sweet friendship between those two amazing talents and im very proud of them all .

Nah man, he just didn't want Godin to get hurt, he knew how dangerous an angry :neymar: can be

F

Flavia

There's plenty of leaders in the squad. Also Pique also assumed a captain role, and I think he'll replace Xavi as one of the captains next season. I can't see him regressing, he definitely matured this season.

Home of Barca Fans