Gerson Santos da Silva

M

monamou

process

Born on May 20, 1997 in Rio de Janeiro (18 years old), plays for Fluminense as a central midfielder, left footed, 1,76m.

We're heavily linked with him by Globo:

BREAKING NEWS - Barcelona have reached a deal to sign Fluminense midfielder Gérson. He joins in January [globo]

Barcelona have already paid Fluminense €3M. They will pay the rest of the sum by the time Gérson joins in January. [globo]

Gérson's dad Marco Antônio has just publicly confirmed that there are serious negotiations involving Gérson with Barcelona. More than rumors

According to several media outlets in Brazil, Barça paid €3M now, and will pay €17M by January. €20M for Gérson can be a big bargain

Reports getting clear now. Barcelona bought the primary option of Gérson for €3M. They can pay €17M and sign him in January, if they decide.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Again that lame primary options? We are paying too much money on these primary options lately. First with Santos and then we got very less amount for villa on the name of the primary options on players whose names have never seen light. They should have got primary option on Oliver Torres instead of random players like gerson. No offense to him but he seems to me like a random Brazilian player like Douglas.

M

monamou

He is apparently 'amazing' and every European big club is after him. 20m is supposed to be a bargain. I'm curious as I've never heard of this guy.

raskolnikov

I dont believe it, it seems like Henrique, Kerrison,Douglas type money laundering/grabbing by a board thats on its way out

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Dammit, if he's anywhere near the potential in FM2015, he can be considered a great signing. :p

BenRobbins

I think i may have read somewhere that he has quite a bad attitude but i may be mistaken. Also he hasn't even made his club debut yet and fees of 20/30 million are being branded about which is ridiculous.

United were linked a lot with him in January when an apparent deal was done but that turned out to be BS. He seems to be really talented however and is the captain of the u20's at the age of 17 so he must be rated quite highly.

EdmondDantes

Tim Vickery says this lad is the biggest talent Brazil have produced since Neymar. Given the likes of Juventus, Bayern, Manchester United have all been after him for over a year, there must be something in it.

Jombi

Tim Vickery says this lad is the biggest talent Brazil have produced since Neymar. Given the likes of Juventus, Bayern, Manchester United have all been after him for over a year, there must be something in it.

So how many games has he played for Fluminense?

kozza

I am not against buying young midfielders, but not from Brazil and for 20 M, would have preferred buying a guy proven in Europe like Kovacic, I am starting to hate this Brazilian connection.

Jombi

I am not against buying young midfielders, but not from Brazil and for 20 M, would have preferred buying a guy proven in Europe like Kovacic, I am starting to hate this Brazilian connection.

So you were against buying Neymar from Brazil?

Home of Barca Fans