User Tag List

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Gerson Santos da Silva

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always say 18/19 year old South Americans have no business leaving Brazil in the first place because your game still need maturing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xXKonan View Post

Says Roma is thinking of Offloading him in January.
    I think they just want to loan him which is expected. There is nothing to over analyze here such tweet prove nothing about how good/bad Gerson is

Flavia
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    I think they just want to loan him which is expected. There is nothing to over analyze here such tweet prove nothing about how good/bad Gerson is
    They want to loan or sell, as per the tweet. He's nothing special, I'm glad we didn't go for him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pointless update by me!

He's been playing a bit more for Roma and Spalletti has been using him more as a DM/CM in his system than as a AM. It seems like his future is being steered towards being a CM than being a AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Roma is cutting their losses.

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrazilFan View Post
    I always say 18/19 year old South Americans have no business leaving Brazil in the first place because your game still need maturing.
    Truer words have never been spoken.

Unless you go to Europe when you're 14/15/16 to be a part of a team's academy, B team first, no Brazilian player should leave unless he's an extraordinary talent. Gabriel Jesus and Gabigol both the same age, but the former looks and plays like an extraordinary talent, the latter not so much and could have learned more and gotten better with a few more years in Brazil.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Gerson was influenced in some ways by his father to go to Europe but I'm not to sure on it myself.

I do remember who reading some comments from some Fluminense fans, on Globo and Netflu and they seemed to see Gerson and his father as "Greedy". but either way I thought going to Roma wouldn't be a bad deal but I was wrong.

He's not ready to play in Europe at all and in retrospect it's a good thing we decided not to pay the money Flum wanted. I don't see him as some crazy extraordinary talent but a potential solid one in the future. But it's clear he should've stayed in Brazil for a bit longer and instead of going to Europe this early.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I'm not mistaken about the player identity( there were a few wonder kids at Flu a while back), I remember he and his father being interviewed on Brazilian TV a few years back and I was thinking how his dad was a bit too eager. I get being excited but some of these parents see the kid as a meal ticket and can only think about the check.

I don't necessarily mind Brazilian kids moving abroad young but it has to be with the right club. Extraordinary talents like Gabriel Jesus and Marquinhos are rare. There are plenty of players like Felipe Anderson and Gabriel Boschilla who are honing their skills at smaller teams who'll eventually make bigger moves.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CuleLife4Life View Post
    If I'm not mistaken about the player identity( there were a few wonder kids at Flu a while back), I remember he and his father being interviewed on Brazilian TV a few years back and I was thinking how his dad was a bit too eager. I get being excited but some of these parents see the kid as a meal ticket and can only think about the check.

I don't necessarily mind Brazilian kids moving abroad young but it has to be with the right club. Extraordinary talents like Gabriel Jesus and Marquinhos are rare. There are plenty of players like Felipe Anderson and Gabriel Boschilla who are honing their skills at smaller teams who'll eventually make bigger moves.
    On the other hand, if his family is extremely poor, then even a failed transfer to Europe is a success for him and his family, since he will earn a few Millions from wages and with that money his poor family is secured forever.

People probably think that he will ruin his career that way, but again, if a family and player's surroundings are very poor, then a player won't risk.
    Imagine these scenarios:
    1. staying at Brasil and learning more. But then, there is a risk that he will for example get a serious injury aged 19-20 in Brasil and he will never finish a transfer to Europe
    2. he will jump more or less on the first opportunity to go to Europe and earn money for himself and his family.
    -- if he ruins his career that way, at least he earned a few Millions
    -- if he succeeds in Europe, a win-win situation

We (football fans) who are watching this from safety of our homes are only looking these footballers through glasses of what they could have achieved as footballers.
    But in footballer's head, especially those from poor surroundings, there is a lot of things on their mind: football, a success in Europe, but also money, money, money, family.

For example, Gerson's wage in Roma is 1,2M Euros per yer. Even if he fails, he will get that money (and get loaned) and he will either return to Brasil or sign for some midtable Italian or European team (still probably for at least 0.3-0.5M E per year).

So, even if he fails, he will earn 5-10M Euros from Roma and from his future teams.
    Quite enough for him and his family to live forever from that money.
    Last edited by BBZ8800; 22nd February 2017 at 01:30 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    On the other hand, if his family is extremely poor, then even a failed transfer to Europe is a success for him and his family, since he will earn a few Millions from wages and with that money his poor family is secured forever.

People probably think that he will ruin his career that way, but again, if a family and player's surroundings are very poor, then a player won't risk.
    Imagine these scenarios:
    1. staying at Brasil and learning more. But then, there is a risk that he will for example get a serious injury aged 19-20 in Brasil and he will never finish a transfer to Europe
    2. he will jump more or less on the first opportunity to go to Europe and earn money for himself and his family.
    -- if he ruins his career that way, at least he earned a few Millions
    -- if he succeeds in Europe, a win-win situation

We (football fans) who are watching this from safety of our homes are only looking these footballers through glasses of what they could have achieved as footballers.
    But in footballer's head, especially those from poor surroundings, there is a lot of things on their mind: football, a success in Europe, but also money, money, money, family.

For example, Gerson's wage in Roma is 1,2M Euros per yer. Even if he fails, he will get that money (and get loaned) and he will either return to Brasil or sign for some midtable Italian or European team (still probably for at least 0.3-0.5M E per year).

So, even if he fails, he will earn 5-10M Euros from Roma and from his future teams.
    Quite enough for him and his family to live forever from that money.
    This,football is a career at the end of the day,and not just that but also a very short career that only the elite get enough money for their life time (There are more players in 3rd and 4th division than 1st and 2nd and they earn average wages their). One injury can make all the difference.