Gerson Santos da Silva

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Neymar is first who ever made it in Barcelona coming straight from South America.

Wached some highlights but he looked worthless. Could be the highlights, don't know.

Jombi

But is the reason a guy like Douglas fail because he comes straight from South America and not from a European club or because he is simply a bad player?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Douglas signing was money laundering, I'm not even counting him. You should look up players Barca signed from South America in last 20 years and see for yourself.

Jombi

Douglas signing was money laundering, I'm not even counting him. You should look up players Barca signed from South America in last 20 years and see for yourself.

Were you against the Neymar signing then? He would ply his trade somewhere else now if we follow that logic and allowing other top clubs get the best players from South America. I dont think it makes sense to stereotype all players from the same country just because former managements did horrible deals in the past (and most of the worst deals were players from Europe).

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
No, I wasn't. Check my posts from 2013. On one Neymar there are 10 flops. What makes sense or not is individual interpretation, I am talking about facts.

Jombi

No, I wasn't. Check my posts from 2013. On one Neymar there are 10 flops. What makes sense or not is individual interpretation, I am talking about facts.

But was that because they came from South America or simply because they were bad players? The solution to bad transfers is not to dismiss players because they are from South America but to simply improve our scouting.

Jombi

The guy hasnt even played a full season in the top flight in Brazil. Smells like another Traffic deal to me.

M

monamou

All the top flight clubs are interested in Gerson which means he's no scrub like Douglas. I don't mind money laundering as long as the player is actually good enough for the club.

Jombi

All the top flight clubs are interested in Gerson which means he's no scrub like Douglas. I don't mind money laundering as long as the player is actually good enough for the club.

Are they really interested? It also seems like the main reason he plays with older players in the national youth teams is because he is physically capable. That advantage will disappear as he grows older. I think this is another Traffic deal with massive money laundering involved.

M

monamou

Are they really interested? It also seems like the main reason he plays with older players in the national youth teams is because he is physically capable. That advantage will disappear as he grows older. I think this is another Traffic deal with massive money laundering involved.
I think Juve offered 15M for him earlier. The interest is there for sure

Icarium

Lifestealer
It is not official yet, have to wait for some confirmation. This could just be another rumor. I think we will let go of denis suarez to get vidal from sevilla if we sign this guy. Already halilovic is there and another attacking midfielder, how many will we sign?

khaled_a_d

It is not official yet, have to wait for some confirmation. This could just be another rumor. I think we will let go of denis suarez to get vidal from sevilla if we sign this guy. Already halilovic is there and another attacking midfielder, how many will we sign?

We now have S.Roberto (1992) ,Rafinha(1993),D.Suarez (1994) ,Samper(1995) ,Halilovic(1996) ,Gerson (1997) ,Ayoub(1998) and busquets(1999) :xavi:
I would have prefered Youri Tielemans over Gerson tbh specially he is actually costing us some money
I won't mind D.Suarez to Sevilla btw ,never thought he would make it to 1st team and thought we had better options in our youth ranks

Home of Barca Fans