Aleix Vidal

God Serena

You should be fast (mobile) and play both up and down to offset obvious deficiencies we have in attack. That's why, imo, on his good day, Aleix Vidal is great option.

Vidal doesn't have a day, though. He's nowhere near good enough enough and that's just how it is. He's a nice guy but he's simply nowhere near Barca quality and is a shining example of the type of player who should have never been given the treat of donning the Barca shirt.

JamDav1982

Neither Vidal or Deulofeu would be getting anywhere close to starting line ups of other top teams.

Even mid table teams in EPL and La Liga those two would struggle to get a game on the RW.

Pair of them are miles off of even being back up level for Barca in my opinion.

behindbrowneyes

Neither Vidal or Deulofeu would be getting anywhere close to starting line ups of other top teams.

Well, our starter got injured so there has to be someone else who can take his role. If Vidal was that good he wouldn't play second fiddle in our team. He would start for another top team. Having worldclass-players on the bench is a dream that isn't realistic. It can happen if a player develops well, but you can't keep him on a permanent basis. Morata left because he was too good for the bench and is now starter in another great team.

Look at Bayern's winger options behind Robben and Ribery. Look at Madrid's options when Benzema or Bale (which is basically half a year the case) are injured. Mayoral and Lucas. They are not better than Paco or Vidal. The neighbours' grass always looks greener....

JamDav1982

Well, our starter got injured so there has to be someone else who can take his role. If Vidal was that good he wouldn't play second fiddle in our team. He would start for another top team. Having worldclass-players on the bench is a dream that isn't realistic. It can happen if a player develops well, but you can't keep him on a permanent basis. Morata left because he was too good for the bench and is now starter in another great team.

Look at Bayern's winger options behind Robben and Ribery. Look at Madrid's options when Benzema or Bale (which is basically half a year the case) are injured. Mayoral and Lucas. They are not better than Paco or Vidal. The neighbours' grass always looks greener....

Lucas is easily a better wide player than Vidal or Deulofeu and Asensio is still a back up out wide as well.

Mayoral is a striker.

Anyway it wasn't a comment about depth as Barca have likes of Denis who are better than those two - Vidal and Deu.

xXKonan

According to Valverde, Vidal has been having problems with his ankle the same one Theo butchered last season. Valverde also said while he did recover fantastically from it he still has some small issues that he thinks can be resolved.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
According to Valverde, Vidal has been having problems with his ankle the same one Theo butchered last season. Valverde also said while he did recover fantastically from it he still has some small issues that he thinks can be resolved.

Thanx

I am still keeping hopes for him. He is not useless as some claim and could be very good backup RW. And backup RB in easier games with no problem.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Started following some Sevilla players on twitter or something. Catalan press take it as a sign he's leaving.

xXKonan

This summer was the last chance I reckon he had to prove to the new manager Valverde and the fans and the club in general that he had a spot on this team that he can be important. But as you can see it didn't happen as he struggled during Preseason.

He lost his spot in the RB order and now he's stuck behind several players as a winger. I wouldn't be surprised if he did leave in January.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I suspect something beyond his subpar performances are the cause of his freeze. Just like under Lucho. There is no doubt he can be useful as RB and RW and even as backup for those positions he should be getting minutes.

It could be something with his attitude or something rubs the wrong way.

FinBarcelonafan

I suspect something beyond his subpar performances are the cause of his freeze. Just like under Lucho. There is no doubt he can be useful as RB and RW and even as backup for those positions he should be getting minutes.

It could be something with his attitude or something rubs the wrong way.

Ďid you see him vs Real? He can't defend to save his life.. He is not defenseman, he is midfielder or winger and seems to lack quality for it in team like Barca. He is just not good enough.

Home of Barca Fans