Aleix Vidal

xXKonan

I posted this in the Barca Transfer Thread but it's relevant here.

[tw]603330730530340864[/tw]

10 Million+Denis Suarez and Halilovic on Loan is what Sport is Reporting.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If you look at their top performances they are toe to toe.
I'd rather have a Catalan here who's La Liga experienced (no offense to Portugal league) and more versatile.

StarLord

If you look at their top performances they are toe to toe.
I'd rather have a Catalan here who's La Liga experienced (no offense to Portugal league) and more versatile.

I second that. Aleix Vidal has been good whenever I have seen Sevilla play this season.

Garrus

So our future RB, And the heir to alves will be a winger who only played as a right back for a few games now.......?
If anyone think the above is completely viable and logical, Why not simply use pedro as our RB and be done with it, vidal isn't any better than him offensively, We know pedro is great defensively, Has great passing abilities, And has been playing with us for almost 6 years, No integration issues, And no waiting until January, The transfer of vidal makes absolutely no sense.

I know our scouts aren't the best in the business, But this is some lazy, Incompetent stuff, The fact we're paying them salary, Is a crime against humanity.
I can probably do a better job, And i know the square root of jack shit about scouting.

Last edited:
M

monamou

So our future RB, And the heir to alves will be a winger who only played as a right back for a few games now.......?
If anyone think the above is completely viable and logical, Why not simply use pedro as our RB and be done with it, vidal isn't any better than him offensively, We know pedro is great defensively, Has great passing abilities, And has been playing with us for almost 6 years, No integration issues, And no waiting until January, The transfer of vidal makes absolutely no sense.

I know our scouts aren't the best in the business, But this is some lazy, Incompetent stuff, The fact we're paying them salary, Is a crime against humanity.
I can probably do a better job, And i know the square root of jack shit about scouting.
Pedro is a striker. It seems impossible to convert a DM into a CB so why does it seem simple to you converting a forward into a defender?

Playing in attack and defense are two COMPLETELY different things. Just because Pedro presses and runs like a headless chicken, it doesn't mean he'd be a good defender...

People these days seem to think that weird way. Messi recovered tons of balls this season, hey he'd be a great fullback!! No, it doesn't work that way.

hardyboy

He didn't impress me much whenever i've seen Sevilla play this season. He is good in offence but can be a liability defensively.

Garrus

Pedro is a striker. It seems impossible to convert a DM into a CB so why does it seem simple to you converting a forward into a defender?

Playing in attack and defense are two COMPLETELY different things. Just because Pedro presses and runs like a headless chicken, it doesn't mean he'd be a good defender...

People these days seem to think that weird way. Messi recovered tons of balls this season, hey he'd be a great fullback!! No, it doesn't work that way.
Pedro is right forward/winger, Same as vidal, You do know this little info right?
And since you think it's "impossible" to convert them into defenders, Then you just unwillingly agreed with me that the transfer of vidal isn't really a logical, so thank you, I guess....

M

monamou

Pedro is right forward/winger, Same as vidal, You do know this little info right?
And since you think it's "impossible" to convert them into defenders, Then you just unwillingly agreed with me that the transfer of vidal isn't really a logical, so thank you, I guess....
First of all Aleix is not a forward. He's played once as a right forward this season... He's more of an attacking midfielder which is a significant difference.

I haven't agreed with you on anything. Vidal's transfer is perfectly logical. He's just like Alves when we bought him back in the day.

Garrus

First of all Aleix is not a forward. He's played once as a right forward this season... He's more of an attacking midfielder which is a significant difference.

I haven't agreed with you on anything. Vidal's transfer is perfectly logical. He's just like Alves when we bought him back in the day.
I have to say, I was extremely impressed with what seemed to be some very precise descriptions of vidal's playing positions and even the number of times he played in them.
Have to be honest, It caught me off guard, I almost doubted myself for a few seconds, But eventually to realize it was simply an exact copy-paste info from whoscored!

aleix.png

Everyone look, It coincidentally and magically says that he had only one appearance as a forward

For those who aren't familiar with whoscored, When a team uses 4-2-3-1 formation, Whoscored names the right and left forwards, Attacking midfielders, And yes you guessed it, It's just another name for a 'winger', It's just that whoscored doesn't use this term.
Wait look, In whoscored it says that robben played 6 times as an right attacking midfielder, with a score of 8.8!!, That means he can be a god-like right back for us!.............right?.

It's worth saying, There is nothing wrong with being wrong about something, That's how we all learn, And there is nothing wrong with using outside sources and info, We aren't walking encyclopedias.
But when someone blindly throws info and numbers without taking the context in which they were made, And their validity, It obliterates the creditably of the one using them, And puts them in an embarrassing position, Which is what you just did to yourself.

Home of Barca Fans