Aleix Vidal

Albo

I hope Lucho gives him a chance against Real Sociedad on thursday. Let him prove that he is an able right back against better opponents too.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Formation that Flavia posted could be great for both Barca and Vidal but I doubt Lucho will change our system to 3 at the back.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We have three CBs as Mathieu always gets injured. Barca B also thin on the CB position. That's the issue with playing three at the back. Lack of personell.

Messi983

Exactly.

But if we get Sampaoli as our new coach who has shown his preference to play 3 at the back in most games and he'll continue to do that here then we should bring another CB or preferably two in summer along with promoting and keeping Marlon in first team (so, not loaning him). If we go that way then I'd prefer one CB to be more experienced on top level. Not saying he should be old but somewhere in the 24-26 yo range not those 20 yo kids we are currently looking at. We can't go into the season with only Marlon and another unproven young CB backing up Pique, Umtiti and Masche (who could and most likely will also leave in next year or two).

Of course, another question is whether changing formation that drastically based on how our team is constructed and considering that most of our players are most comfortable in 4-3-3 would really be the best for us but that's up to the coach to decide. I think Robert should bring whoever our coach will be the players he wants as long as we can financially afford them. Yes, listening to coaches wishes didn't always turned out well but I prefer that way over spending money on someone that SD likes but coach will then never count on.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
3-4-3 is basically about continuing building on our biggest asset - Messi.

Sampaoli already played (successfully) midfielders and full backs as CBs both for Chile and Sevilla and I don't see much of a problem here either. If Mathieu or Marlon aren't there, Digne and Busquets can fill in.
But obviously, we are going after cb this summer anyway.

F

FlaFCB

After such a good game, his reward is to be left out of the squad travelling to san sebastian. Licho is something.

CatalinR10

Squad:

C2c8VfFWEAANqT_.jpg:large

2s65yy0.jpg

euj7v7.jpg

2s65yy0.jpg

euj7v7.jpg

JackSparrow

My God what a prick move by Lucho again. He said how he proved him wrong and his reward for a good performance is again being left out of the squad. Shame on you Luis! Shame on you!

Jombi

Lucho saw what most people saw. Vidal simply was instructed to play very attacking against a weak away team like Las Palmas. Such an attacking role makes the RB very visible, but his performance couldnt tell him anything about how he would perform in a game with real challenges, unlike Roberto.

F

FlaFCB

Lucho saw what most people saw. Vidal simply was instructed to play very attacking against a weak away team like Las Palmas. Such an attacking role makes the RB very visible, but his performance couldnt tell him anything about how he would perform in a game with real challenges, unlike Roberto.

Roberto's been very poor as rb.

Home of Barca Fans