Aleix Vidal

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Alba is wasting in attack, so to at least try it in some games wouldn't hurt. Could be done even during games. Vidal would be the rw, and Messi the am.

I wouldn't mind trying it in Copa against Sociedad, at least in the home match... I find it a bit unfair to Digne, but yeah, if we can balance our wings someone's gotta pay the price, hahaha...

God Serena

You have actually seen him play for us on form? Out of those 7, now 8 games, in exactly how many he has been on form?

I was referring to Roberto when on form, not Vidal.

There is a big difference in being a charity and talking someones skills down NOT becuase of actual skills shown in game, but rather because of training incidents, which have resulted in player being out of squad for so long.

The training incident is an unconfirmed rumor from last season. Since then it was believed he'd be competing with Roberto for the RB spot, hence why we didn't bring a RB in during the summer. He got to play during preseason quite a but and it became clear his defensive weakness was much worse than we had feared.

God Serena

Too bad Roberto is messing up defensively the last few games then.

We're lacking offensive firepower on the right side, which Aleix is better at.

Perhaps he shouldn't start, but at least he should get on the bench and get subbed in during the games Roberto struggles.

It's unlikely. Subbing a poor defender for a poor defender who can attack isn't the way to handle a struggling fullback. I'm usually the first to argue against this but if we are to make best use of a player like Vidal we probably will have to use a 3 man back line, which I don't personally ever see happening.

F

FlaFCB

[tw]820651019541643268[/tw]

Look at what is the madrid media... Saying the players and the staff were mockering Vidal when he scored yesterday.

Messi983

He's better than Cancelo and he's already ours. Please save those 30M or whatever Cancelo will cost and give Vidal more chances.

xXKonan

He's better than Cancelo and he's already ours. Please save those 30M or whatever Cancelo will cost and give Vidal more chances.
I get the feeling that no matter how well Vidal plays we will get Cancelo no matter what.

But I don't think it's the very end of Vidal though. If he does get back at least on the bench and plays more and plays well It may save his future here even if we get Cancelo.

xXKonan

[tw]821001131274997760[/tw]

Says he wants to stay in the winter but if he gets a bid from Sevilla he could leave. and I think the last part says he wants to leave in the summer.

God Serena

The thought of our two RBs being Cancelo and Vidal will probably cause me to lose sleep at night. Neither one should even be here but we'll have both, what a time to be alive.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Keep him. Lucho said himself he proved him wrong, so time for Lucho to give Aleix some more game time which he deserves, or simply don't say stuff like that and give him hope.

He could be lethal late in games as a counter-attacking option.

God Serena

I don't have anything against Vidal as an attacker and think he should probably be our main backup for RW, but when we're already a shambles defensively he'd only serve to make us worse. If we could move Arda from being a shitty midfielder to a good LW and move Roberto from being a fantastic utility player to a mediocre RB, I don't see why we couldn't move a terrible RB to a good RW.

BBZ8800

I get the feeling that no matter how well Vidal plays we will get Cancelo no matter what.

But I don't think it's the very end of Vidal though. If he does get back at least on the bench and plays more and plays well It may save his future here even if we get Cancelo.

I think the same.

We didn't buy a RB this summer, because of Roberto and Vidal.
Now, when we figured out that both of them were meh, we wanted to sign Srna and some other options in the winter.

Suddenly Srna "changed his mind", Vidal is good, we are not buying anyone.

Knowing how our board acts, based on what is happening currently, Cancelo is 99% a done deal.
This is why we didn't sign Srna, or other Rbs now, and why Vidal is staying (till summer).

Cancelo will be a new RB, Roberto will be his sub used for rotations (and used as a Cdm and Cm), Vidal will be sold.
Srna or a new RB would cause problems since we would have Cancelo+Srna+Roberto in the next season, plus Cancelo will play 80-90% of matches, like Alves.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans