Aleix Vidal

God Serena

Lucho's actions become more and more questionable, even I expected Vidal to at least have earned a spot on the bench by now.

The man has simply got to go, there's no two ways around it.

KingLeo10

disgraceful decision regarding vidal after all that "praise". these highly successful barca coaches seem to have something running in common...i know pep and lucho always say it's the players behind the success but their actions only indicate top tier narcissism and diva behavior. my favorite is the difference between lucho's wise ass press conferences when we were unbeatable in 2015 and the "i don't have a clue" ones when we couldn't grab a win last april.

Co0ter

Roberto's been very poor as rb.

Yes, he's been very bad this year. His positioning is often suspect, he's weak in the air and he's shown time and time again to be a vulnerability when it comes to 1 vs 1.

As a squad player, he's fine as a RB...but that is always what he should of been there.

Jombi

Roberto's been very poor as rb.

No, far better than Vidal, no question about it. I'd say he has been better than Alba on the other side. Roberto's even been named as the breakthrough player in the Champions League. Could he improve, sure, but he's done far better than anyone could reasonably expect.

Messi983

Well, this was expected. Lucho usually have a backup GK, CB, LB, three midfielders and Paco on the bench. So my guess is Vidal will only be a part of match squad:

1. When Lucho will plan to start him.
2. If we'll have injury problems.

El Barcelona

No, far better than Vidal, no question about it. I'd say he has been better than Alba on the other side. Roberto's even been named as the breakthrough player in the Champions League. Could he improve, sure, but he's done far better than anyone could reasonably expect.

True about thé CL but his recent form is not good like said above. Atleast give Vidal a chance after his performance against, okay a weak, las Palmas. First in months we had a right flank and it was not that we played only top teams.

F

FlaFCB

Vidal has had almost no chances to play or improve. Roberto has been devolving and is a liability in defense now, and also anonymous attacking. Being named in any of those lists has no relevance now, when he is not performing anymore. For Barça, Roberto is not doing what is expected.

JackSparrow

Lucho saw what most people saw. Vidal simply was instructed to play very attacking against a weak away team like Las Palmas. Such an attacking role makes the RB very visible, but his performance couldnt tell him anything about how he would perform in a game with real challenges, unlike Roberto.

Lucho gave Vidal two chances lately. Against Wolfsburg and against Las Palmas. Both times he performed extremly well and was one of the best man on the pitch. Both times he praised him in the press and after both games he put him on the stands. Thats a prick move.

If he thought the oposition was bad and that his performance was good only cos of that reason then simply play him against a better opponent and see how he does then. Its like.. if he plays good its cos of bad opposition.

And I noticed something similar is happening to Arda as well. When he starts he always plays very good, ball keeps moving and he is agressive and always on the right spot. But nobody gives him a credit for that, and put it on bad opponents. I do agree he should play LW mostly.

Btw..., Lucho was one of my favorite players. Just for that reason I wanted him as a coach. I am happy he helped us get a triple, but now I thing he lost it and we need a coaching change. Not just him but other clowns too, all assistants pack as well please.

And please bring in Sampaoli or Klopp. And lets enjoy new trophies with Messi and co.

Jombi

These players perform OK in games with crappy opposition and Vidal was almost certainly instructed to play more attacking than Roberto does. Just what makes Alba so much better than Roberto this season? I dont see it. To say that Roberto has been very bad this season is just really exaggerated IMO.

blastandburn

Lucho gave Vidal two chances lately. Against Wolfsburg and against Las Palmas. Both times he performed extremly well and was one of the best man on the pitch. Both times he praised him in the press and after both games he put him on the stands. Thats a prick move.

I hate it when coaches do that. They always say that players must work/play hard in order to earn their minutes. But in reality no matter what these players do, it is still their biases which decide who will earn a spot.

El Barcelona

These players perform OK in games with crappy opposition and Vidal was almost certainly instructed to play more attacking than Roberto does. Just what makes Alba so much better than Roberto this season? I dont see it. To say that Roberto has been very bad this season is just really exaggerated IMO.

That can be said about 60 a 70% of the teams that we face in La Liga. They're all crappy/weaker then Barca when we play our best game.

Home of Barca Fans