Aleix Vidal

serghei

So far, he is suspect defensively for me. Alves is as well, but it's a matter of age and concentration for him. I'm worried in Vidal's case is a matter of value.

We still need to think about finding a RB to replace Alves imho. I'll give him more time though.

MasChe

I don't know, he seems too laid back at times and sometimes reacts too rashly when it comes to defense, , without calculating that he is now a fullback, and not a winger. I'm fearing whether he has that defensive aspect in his game.

F

Flavia

So far, he is suspect defensively for me. Alves is as well, but it's a matter of age and concentration for him. I'm worried in Vidal's case is a matter of value.

We still need to think about finding a RB to replace Alves imho. I'll give him more time though.

Vidal said something about training a lot the defensive side of his game during the six months he couldn't play. He's still far from ready in that aspect. I think Bob is a better RB than him.

aaron101

He's just been playing for 1 and a half months and hasn't fully adapted to Barca-style play and you want us to look for another RB to replace Alves?

Kuchi

His defesnive game is shaky to say the least, seems to get beaten with ease.

Will naturally get better at it with experience.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Aleix Vidal

“Teams know us better all the time and that makes games harder to win. That was a serious match today.”

“We knew that as long as we could keep up our good form, then we’d get a good result. We’re having a really good season.”

“The league is all about consistency. It’s a sign that we are getting things right.”

“Little by little, the players on the side-lines are getting to play more and more. And we’re doing a good job.”

“Penalties are only missed by the people who dare to take them. You can’t always score. It’s not something we’re worried about.”

xXKonan

He will improve without a doubt.

I thought he was solid today bar a few moments. I said it not to long ago in this thread he can be our Right sided Alba if he improves his defensive work, I remember Alba at times struggled at defending in his first couple of seasons here with us and I hope it's the case with Vidal once he gets a consistent run of games.

Tells you how Impressive Roberto has been when he played at RB and LB this season, Just so tactically and Defensively sound. and I hope Vidal can be the same as well.

Horatio

You're welcome
He already looked a bit better to me than a couple of games ago. Enough at least for me to notice. Same goes for Arda. Don't care if they progress slowly, as long as they progress.

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
Should come in for Rakitic around 65th min mark at the Emirates, his pace against a tired Arsenal defence could be vital

MasChe

Should come in for Rakitic around 65th min mark at the Emirates, his pace against a tired Arsenal defence could be vital

well, I'm not really sure that Lucho will test him as a midfielder for the first time against Arsenal in CL. Most likely it will be Roberto for Raki like usual. Roberto can bring speed and lots of running as well.

Home of Barca Fans