Aleix Vidal

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
He played a couple of matches at RB and performed very well. Although he is suited more for the right attacking wing. He could suit well at barca in a 4-3-3 system, as he can defend well and attack furiously.

The problem with Aleix is that he never stops running and has a crazy stamina, something that can cause a headache if you follow him in the field :p

Sounds promising. With a €25m buyout, he could be a bargain.

I read very good things about him, great stamina, can attack and he is descent defensively..Where is the catch?

According to whoscored, his crossing and tackling are poor.

Antimilan

Yep... well, crossing, maybe he doesn't need to cross a lot at Barca while attacking in an open play, but his low-crosses are good enough, which might suit the MSN trio.

Of course he is not as better in the defensive part as he is in the offensive one, but still decent. 'Whoscored' probably saw only his last match against Malaga after him being rumored with Barca, in that match he made a late poor tackle, but it's not that he needs to tackle a lot since he can mark players well when at RB.

Although yeah, his RB - defensive capabilities are not 100% proven as he has merely played in that position (2-3 matches as far as I can remember). He might as well play as RB in the final against Dnipro though, wouldn't be a surprise.

G

Gasgas

usually when whoscored say you are poor in crossing they mean you attempt fewer crosses a game

anguy

Also he was nobody before this season, he's 25 and wasn't definitive starter even in Sevilla (Emery rotated a lot).

Antimilan

Also he was nobody before this season, he's 25 and wasn't definitive starter even in Sevilla (Emery rotated a lot).

Yep... fierce competition with Reyes. But in the second part of 2014-15, he became an undisputed starter and one of the main players.

Antimilan

[MENTION=2766]Antimilan[/MENTION], can you tell us about Coke?

Is he linked with Barca? I would lol hard on that if it were the case.

Coke has developed a lot lately and he is the classic RB that not every team might make full use of. He also advances to the right wing, but is rather slow for double-passes and accepting fast through passes at the right offensive flank. He has good crosses and tackles though. Sometimes he is very stubborn and can get stupid yellows, although reds happen very rarely.

Not a Barca material in my opinion.

Antimilan

No I asked because I thought he linked up very well with Vidal in the Fiorentina game.

He does. But even Reyes-Vidal in the right side with Vidal as RB worked quite well, although it happened occasionally. It will be interesting to see if tomorrow Emery lines up Reyes-Vidal or Vidal-Coke as the RW-RB pair.

I'm predicting Vidal - Coke though. More stable for a final.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
What ever happened to Cicinho (spelling) btw? I remember in the buildup to the Sevilla game at the SRP in 12/13 that bleacher report (lol) were calling him the next Alves.

Antimilan

What ever happened to Cicinho (spelling) btw? I remember in the buildup to the Sevilla game at the SRP in 12/13 that bleacher report (lol) were calling him the next Alves.

Cicinho was quite good at the time we signed him. However, just as Figueiras (even worse) he was not physically built properly for a RB. The management seemed to have experimented with him as we had some inside information from a Sevilla resident in an international Sevilla blog that he was being forced to build muscle, fast, which is not very natural for a footballer, especially for a very agile and pacey footballer like Cicinho. Then during that process (although he seemed to be bulked later in the season), he was injured badly. From then, only downfall... now he was loaned at the beginning of 2014-15 to Numancia until the summer window. I doubt we will renew his contract as it will end this summer.

Androutsos

I like the idea of his signing. Surely adding another player with great ambition to win all the trophies is a plus.

Home of Barca Fans