Xavi leaving Barca

slvtn

Well, it's the end of a legendary era. He will be missed as he was the Boss for so many years (along with Puyol). I really hope he can leave after winning the triple and has some more successful years in Qatar. Might buy his shirt to celebrate the legend. Good luck, Xavi!

JackaL

Wow what a legend, so much influence in the paradigm shift within the last 10 years! I remember a game against Mou's Madrid where he played a pass (unfortunately the cameras couldn't get it fully) that only somebody could play with a helicopter camera view and a google glass! FFS I thought... even the tv production team couldn't really get the footage! As there was no goal afterwards it somehow got lost.

Stric

So sad to see him leave. :cry: The only thing that comforts me is the thought of seeing him as our coach in the future.

I have immense respect for him that obviously drowns out any negative feelings, but in all honesty, I must admit I am disappointed by his decision. I always hoped he was going to retire at FCB. Leaving to play in Qatar before he retires is not fitting for such a legend, and such a club icon. But anyway, Gracies Xavi! :wub: You'll sure be missed.

PhilS

It must have been hard for him this year to no longer be top choice at this position. He handled it with good graces.

It is not likely he would be Barca head coach in only two years. It might be longer than that before he rejoins the team at all, and even a decade before he could be seriously considered to take over the team.

It's hard for me to absorb that there will be no Xavi on this team next year, even though the writing has been on the wall for a while. It almost seems like the team should change its name or its colors now.

Supa Dupa Fly

Gonm73r.gif

Catalan Fan

Would be fitting if we could get the treble for him.Maybe he will be back as coach in the future, with Puyi as his assistant/right hand man/enforcer ;)

FC B

Yet another legend goes. It was obvious that this day will come soon. I'm glad for everything he did for Barca and for everything he benefited from being its player. If he decided he is time to go I'm convinced this is the right moment to make the decision considering he could leave after a treble season in full maximum possible glory and go for a good salary for a couple of years too which essentialy makes everybody happy of those directly involved !

So good look to you Xavi !

Ihope he'll get back to Barca soon, we need him in our staff !

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
Ever since I was a child, I always tried to play football like Xavi. Thank you legend, just thank you
You are the master of the pass, best central midfielder ever

cmsy27

Gracias Xavi! You will be missed :cry:

We all knew this day would come. And we'll look forward to the day he comes back :) A treble and nothing less would be a fitting way to send off this legend.

SwiftGuyver

:cry:

one of the best midfielders of all time. the heartbeat of arguably the best club side ever and one of the best national teams ever. one of the most impressive trophy hauls and such a classy individual on and off the pitch.

he'll be back as a coach or something in the near future. i honestly don't think there's anyone more dedicated or passionate about Barca. he won't be able to stay away for long!

thank you for everything Xavi!

:wub::xavi::wub:

Home of Barca Fans