Your favorite Lionel Messi goal.

StarLord

I remember against Arsenal, Almunia was saving everything possible, there comes Messi deliberatly lifting that ball to dribble "over" Almunia. Moments such as these making him actually the greatest, his mind is so much quicker in anlyzing the situation that others do not stand a chance!

I am not so sure he analyzes the situation, maybe he does, but I feel that he acts more by pure instinct rather than thinking things out in each and every case. He usually seems to just go for a certain course of action, something on which he acts upon with great speed and economical use of movement. I have noticed that when he goes for the jugular he always try and go for the minimal number/degree of motion/movements with his body. Hence, he is not as spectacular as Ronaldinho, but he is way more efficient and ruthless.

raskolnikov

Have to be the maradona goal, getafe dribble, real semi final dribble, milan return first goal, Zaragoza dribble, united cl final header, argentina vs brazil winner or the Bilbao dribble after injury. Probably forgetting many cause he had so many great goals. If I were to highlight one I always really liked, it would be this one

raskolnikov

I am not so sure he analyzes the situation, maybe he does, but I feel that he acts more by pure instinct rather than thinking things out in each and every case. He usually seems to just go for a certain course of action, something on which he acts upon with great speed and economical use of movement. I have noticed that when he goes for the jugular he always try and go for the minimal number/degree of motion/movements with his body. Hence, he is not as spectacular as Ronaldinho, but he is way more efficient and ruthless.

Someone recently said Messi is a minimalist, everything is aimed towards achieving a goal as effectively as possible with no unnecessary movement.
Thats why he doesnt do useless stepovers, tricks for fun, no look passes and many of his goals are quite similair.
You wont see an Ibra type goal of Messi either like the one vs England, it would be control followed by a pass or shot towards goal.
A methodical minimalist, effective as a professional hitman.

StarLord

Someone recently said Messi is a minimalist, everything is aimed towards achieving a goal as effectively as possible with no unnecessary movement.
Thats why he doesnt do useless stepovers, tricks for fun, no look passes and many of his goals are quite similair.
You wont see an Ibra type goal of Messi either like the one vs England, it would be control followed by a pass or shot towards goal.
A methodical minimalist, effective as a professional hitman.

Precisely.

He senses his chance, he knows how good his "arsenal" is, and then goes directly for the kill. Messi is spectacular in his efficiency and ability, not in the "show-off" element that mostly ends up in wasted energy and wasted opportunities anyway.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
You could tell at which moment exactly everyone watching this, understood that Messi is probably the greatest of all time.

[youtube]watch?v=4AMR2xDtxCc[/youtube]

Last edited:

dakt

The CL goal in Bernabeu.. while all the other barça players just stood there watching him go alone, slalom 5 RM players, and score, unforgettable :)

One of the best things about that goal is also watching some videos from the stands taken by Barça fans, and RM fans screaming to messi "enano, without xavi and iniesta you're nothing" :lol:

Many say that it is the best assist that Busi ever gave. :)

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I love the way Busi gave that ball, like "here kid, do what you gotta do".

Everything about that goal was perfect, it looked like it was planned just as it happened, completely relying on Messi's ability to dribble past RM's entire defence. Beautiful !

Kerrybai

Ok so the obvious was are

- CL semi vs Madrid
- Getafe goal
- Sevilla nutmeg goal
- Valencia dribble
- Malaga dribbles
- Bilbao dribble
- Zaragoza etc etc etc

So to mix things up and keep things different as the OP requested I'm going to select a very underated goal by Messi and one that many people forget about, its not my favourite but I'll throw it in as many people overlook it.

StarLord

I almost forgot about that preposterous curler vs Getafe.

Excellent choice [MENTION=18675]messi2140[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans