M

monamou

Bravo
Montoya Bartra Vermaelen Adriano
Xavi Roberto Rafinha
Messi Munir Pedro

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Why does everyone wanna field a B team ?

We only have 1 game per week now, and players need to keep playing for match fitness and to avoid extreme relaxation, do we really want them to be on holiday mode for 2 weeks than play 2 finals in 6days ?

Start the best team, win the game in first half, then field some youngsters :)

JamDav1982

We only have 1 game per week now, and players need to keep playing for match fitness and to avoid extreme relaxation, do we really want them to be on holiday mode for 2 weeks than play 2 finals in 6days ?

I would like to see a lot of the fringe players play as a thank you to them all playing a part over the season and for them to feel more part of the celebrations etc.

Just shutting off half the team for last four weeks of season doesnt feel right or fair really.

Pedro, Bravo, Messi and Neymar the only ones I think will start. Assuming Suarez not fit.

Mido

Rakitic--Xavi , to me, is the better option. And I agree with what you're saying.

Vlom

I would like to see a lot of the fringe players play as a thank you to them all playing a part over the season and for them to feel more part of the celebrations etc.

Just shutting off half the team for last four weeks of season doesnt feel right or fair really.

Pedro, Bravo, Messi and Neymar the only ones I think will start. Assuming Suarez not fit.

I'd also like to see bench players start and play, but I'm worried about the effect it can have on the starters to have that much rest, what's to come is the most important 2 games of the season, everything would have been for nothing if we screw up there.

I'm OK with 3 to 4 rotations in the starters, but people are posting formations with Masip to Sandro upfront with 11 bench/bteam players, it's too much.

Rakitic--Xavi , to me, is the better option. And I agree with what you're saying.

Xavi will definitely be starting this one I think, may be even Xavi / Rafinha.

Pepe Silvia

How is this a gala match ?. I don't quite see it that way. Messi, Neymar and especially Saurez should sit this game out. There isn't anything left to play for so we shouldn't risk anything. Sandro, Munir, Adama, Pedro should get a chance to play upfront.
This. I'd prefer all important players get back to full strength, recover and get ready for big games ahead. This calls for B Team.

Caps

Bravo
Montoya/Doug-Bartra-Verm-Adriano
Xavi-Busi-Iniesta
Messi-Suarez-Pedro

Xavi, Busquets and Iniesta just for the sake of it :`(
Roberto and/or Rafinha in at some stage
Leo to nab a goal and rest mode it a lot
Pedro a full 90,
Neyboy rested completely.
Any of Raki etc on for 10/15 mins at end

A full rest is not the way to go. We need to keep players matchfit and fresh, but not overworked. Give a few of our main guns gametime but play in a way that doesn't over exert.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Backup players should play because this is a team sport. Those guys sat on the bench most of the time and never complained. It's a team sport, team spirit counts most. Indivudual stuff, coined msn phrases, and other stuff is peripheral. Bravo himself said he doesn't care for it and Messi gave away penalties and assisted his teammates like noone else. That's how much they are obsessed with personal glory.

Vlom

Backup players should play because this is a team sport. Those guys sat on the bench most of the time and never complained. It's a team sport, team spirit counts most. Indivudual stuff, coined msn phrases, and other stuff is peripheral. Bravo himself said he doesn't care for it and Messi gave away penalties and assisted his teammates like noone else. That's how much they are obsessed with personal glory.

Clearly the cleansheet record or pichichi are not important at this point, plus Bravo already has the zamora sealed.

The concern is more about keeping the players in the playing routine to avoid relaxation, other than that, i'd like it if we start pedro, sergi roberto, rafinha and bartra :)

raedkuwait

mmmmmmmmm, this is what i think, i think messi will not play this one
just to give a message to ronaldo and all others, that u can take that
pechechi title and shove it up the a** and show he is not a player
for personal title and not a kind of player who want to score in meaningless
games, lolol wow that would really piss off a lot of people i love it ;)

Gibbo

Bravo (Because Ter Stergen is gonna play CdR + CL)
Lord Douglas - Bartra - Vermaelen/Matheiu - Montoya
Roberto - Samper - Rafinha
Munir - Sandro - Pedro

LOL

anguy

[formation=barca,6]
Masip
Douglas-0-Bartra-0-Mathieu(60 Verm)-0-Montoya
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Sergi Roberto-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-Xavi(85 Raf)-0-Rakitic-0-0
0-0-0-Messi-0-0-0
0-Munir-0-0-0-Pedro( 70 Sandro)-0
[/formation]

Masip should play at least one "real" game. Vermaelen should get some playing time too. I want to see Douglas - if one year training in Barca was usefull for something. Xavi should start and be subbed to get his goodbye applause. And Munir and Sandro should have some reward for the help they gave 1st team when Suarez was out.

ETA: I'm trying to put Xavi into midfield but forum is constantly pushing Douglas on me :lol:

Last edited:

Catalan Fan

Guys, it's all well and good saying players need to stay sharp, but consider this...

Suarez is already injured, although am not sure how bad he is.Imagine if Messi or Neymar got injured against Depor ? It's really not worth the risk in my opinion.

We have been extremely lucky with injuries this season, let's not push our luck this close to another treble ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans