Lliga: Barca - Depor 2-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alik

Not caring as much about winning as the games before.

Remember this Pep guy? The one who said we try to win every game, even if it is "unnecessary" for us, just out of respect of all opponents and the competition in general? Weirdo didn't know what he was talking about, right?

We were leading the game after 4 mins. Were 2-0 up and had a goal disallowed by half time with Messi very eager to score more. It was also Xavi's farewell game.

We did try to win this game, but logically didn't go crazy about it. Deportivo equalised on two blunders.

If this was Pep, he would have fielded in the whole Barca B squad instead. How is that any more respectful?

Edit: This is the same Pep who lost matches after winning the Bundesliga this season too btw.

Last edited:

goope

We were leading the game after 4 mins. Were 2-0 up and had a goal disallowed by half time with Messi very eager to score more. It was also Xavi's farewell game.

We did try to win this game, but logically didn't go crazy about it. Deportivo equalised on two blunders.

If this was Pep, he would have fielded in the whole Barca B squad instead. How is that any more respectful?

Edit: This is the same Pep who lost matches after winning the Bundesliga this season too btw.

You said it. On two blunders. Would they have happened if Barca would've taken the game more serious? Maybe, but still, I doubt we would've drawn this game if we would've been drawing the Atletico game before.

About Pep: He was critiziced - and rightly so - that his Bayern falsificate the competition in the last games.

That Barca didn´t took it seriously anymore after the 2nd goal.

Interesting, someone understands what I mean. Cool. Didn't think that would happen.

xavi_the_Boss

In the end they still deserve credit coming back from 2:0 down and they are one of the bigger clubs in La Liga.
But if they get relegated again next season i hope they stay a few years in the second Division.

I enjoyed Eibar.They scored some of the best goals in the league.

Last edited:

Ovid

Hmm, i can fairly see your point, and agree with it...but i could also see the other side of the coin, why exempt more energy when you've already scored 2 goals, and have won the league, and have more matches to be played in the coming weeks, risking injuries and so on.

I think you have to give credit for Depor, they were the catalyst of their survival in La liga, not us, they came back twice from behind, i'd understand if the game ended 2-0 for the visitors, but they never stopped believing and fought till they clawed the result

Pep Guardiola is an idealist, but that comes with it's own set of flaws, whereas you begin to have short sight on whats to come

goope

Hmm, i can fairly see your point, and agree with it...but i could also see the other side of the coin, why exempt more energy when you've already scored 2 goals, and have won the league, and have more matches to played in the coming weeks, risking injuries and so on.

I think you have to give credit for Depor, they were the catalyst of their survival in La liga, not us, they came back twice from behind, i'd understand if the game ended 2-0 for the visitors, but they never stopped believing and fought till the clawed the result

Pep Guardiola is an idealist, but that comes with it's own set of flaws, whereas you begin to have short sight on whats to come

This post rounds up and ends the discussion perfectly. Thank you!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
And who knows. Maybe Depor returns a favor one day,eh?
Joking aside, I remember not that long ago, Depor usually gave hell to Madrid at Riazor while we kinda scraped through there. It's good for La Liga for them remain in top flight.

Ovid

cheers:okay:

I think whats more important than the result, and it's proceedings is this photo, which will end any speculation over Luis Enrique's future this coming summer, we can finally sit back and buy our annual tickets to the circus that is taking place in the capital instead

View attachment 6846

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Also I think that the last couple of times they (Depor) gave us the pasillo and we were playing for nothing it ended in a draw both times, read that on MD before the game, so it's not that big of a thing anyway, happened before, games doesn't matter, tried to win it, opponent fighting for his life = avoid injuries and let's get the Xavi party started :)

barcanuck

This. Also pissed at Barca that they killed Eibar.

Being 2-0 up with 30 min left and not winning at home against Depor.
If they'd took it as serious in the whole 2nd half as in the last 10 min Eibar, Eibar would play La Liga the whole next 12 months.
If Barca would've lost against Atletico last week, Eibar would play La Liga the whole next 12 months.
If Barca would've faced Depor a few games or a few months earlier, Eibar would play La Liga the whole next 12 months.

This is competitive distortion and Barca should be ashamed.

This post needs a gif reply only. Too lazy to find one.

vinni

Imo Eibar killed themself. If they want to stay in primera they need to avoid being in this situation in the first place.

Last edited:
M

monamou

I was wondering the same thing until I saw Neymar and Messi playing .
I'm sure it was fixed. We didnt defend at all in the end. Just look at Depor's goals. The players just stand still giving them lots of time

Barto probably agreed for a nice amount of cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans