User Tag List

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 181 to 193 of 193

Thread: Financial Fair Play (News, debates, opinions, Platini, etc.)

  1. #181
    The Observer
    Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,777
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeraj View Post
    I agree in sentiment about your points, and feel the same way about mediocre English clubs like Tottenham able to spend vastly more money on a regular basis than a team like, lets say, Atletico.

    However, your argument that it's not fair, or that Platini/English FA/clubs/ etc. are to blame for this is quite misplaced I'm afraid. If you are aware of how TV money works, you'd realize that the league negotiates with the broadcaster and then the teams get their share of the money.

    It just so happens that the English league, though inferior in a footballing sense (at least according to me and many others), has marketed itself incredibly well and has blown everyone out of the water in that respect. The EPL makes more than all the other leagues in Europe combined - and this isn't by chance.

    First of all, they take an effort. They play games at the perfect time to maximize their reach. And then you have Spain, who till now had an attitude problem and refuse to change their ridiculous late night kick offs as that's the "Spanish Culture". Now that they have realized the fact that they need to cater to the global audience, they have started experimenting with those 12:00 pm kickoffs we saw last season.

    I believe unless Spain starts airing it's games at a more suitable time for the rest of the world (especially Asia), it's never going to compete financially, as a league - which is a pity since La Liga has the more important ingredient for a successful league - top quality players.

    Then there's the fact that the current coverage in Spain, is absymal to say the least. Big matches are often not covered, there's no excitement created for even clasicos, there's no decent pre shows, analysis, etc. The actual match coverage itself is so poor, with pathetic commentary and sound, and just no atmosphere.

    So considering these factors, it shouldn't be a surprise West Ham is light years ahead of a Villareal in terms of spending power.
    You cannot mess with the Spanish siesta time... players /fans are all in the resting mood.. it's a culture thing that won't change anytime soon
    They can make every once in a while some games from the big teams at midday but usually it's annoying for the clubs & attending fans
    Say NO to "Gif" signature

  2. #182
    Senior Member
    S7_MUFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,330
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TornAndFrayed View Post
    Where do i blame anyone for anything ?
    You were ranting about Platini not doing anything about spending power of mediocre EPL clubs..

    Quote Originally Posted by TornAndFrayed View Post
    it's weird to be unhappy that the mighty BPL's sporting results are down the drain while its paycheck's growth is inversely proportional ? I'm definitely a weirdo then.
    Why does it even matter to Barca fans when your team just won the treble..You cannot enjoy success brought partly by individual broadcast deal for years and be Unhappy about other teams in the league being weak..Also you were not just unhappy but you wanted Platini to do something which is weird considering UEFA have nothing to do with how PL broadcast deals are negotiated...
    Quote Originally Posted by TornAndFrayed View Post
    Sooo that logic doesn't apply to city and chelsea for some reason... ok.
    I was talking about Chelsea and especially City having limitless purchasing potential in light of recent developments about FFP being potentially scrapped..City and Chelsea should be able to spend what they earn and maybe even be entitled to some investment but I can understand why other fans may be upset about it..In theory City can pay top players 1 million a week because Seikh Mansour's family is worth $1 trillion...

    And talking about insecurity it's not premier league fans who keep bringing up this whole topic over and over again just for same to and fro arguments to follow. I'd happily take a much weaker league and have United dominate with entire TV revenue so I don't see why I have to defend this system so, I don't see why I have to be insecure about the subject..

  3. #183
    Banned

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok sorry but you're just a united fan butthurt about the recently inflated trend of dissing the EPL and that's obvious by now.

    What Platini said was stupid and i simply provided an example to highlight that. Of course you missed the point because the only part you cared about was the EPL. I got that right away and its irritating but what can you do eh.
    Why does it even matter to Barca fans blabla
    Are you a kid or what ? Resorting to "why do you care" after your previous and equally nonsensical argument is out the window

    If you're not insecure and making excuses then you're just plain simple-minded on this particular topic. Saying stuff like "everyone complains but no one has a solution blabla" is simple-minded, not an argument at all.
    I would've been willing to continue "discussing" this but since you're dropping losing arguments and replacing them with "why do u even care lol", try finding another sparring partner (i doubt others will actually bother to point out the flaws in your arguments... FYI what was interesting to discuss here is what platini said, not my afterthought on the freaking BPL)

    i've also actually answered any of the issues you brought forth, try and answer comprehensively rather than cherry-picking next time (if there is one)
    Last edited by TornAndFrayed; 21st July 2015 at 01:22 PM.

  4. #184
    Senior Member
    S7_MUFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,330
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TornAndFrayed View Post
    Ok sorry but you're just a united fan butthurt about the recently inflated trend of dissing the EPL and that's obvious by now.

    What Platini said was stupid and i simply provided an example to highlight that. Of course you missed the point because the only part you cared about was the EPL. I got that right away and its irritating but what can you do eh.

    Are you a kid or what ? Resorting to "why do you care" after your previous and equally nonsensical argument is out the window

    If you're not insecure and making excuses then you're just plain simple-minded on this particular topic. Saying stuff like "everyone complains but no one has a solution blabla" is simple-minded, not an argument at all.
    I would've been willing to continue "discussing" this but since you're dropping losing arguments and replacing them with "why do u even care lol", try finding another sparring partner (i doubt others will actually bother to point out the flaws in your arguments... FYI what was interesting to discuss here is what platini said, not my afterthought on the freaking BPL)

    i've also actually answered any of the issues you brought forth, try and answer comprehensively rather than cherry-picking next time (if there is one)
    Saying my argument is flawed and using ad hominem at the same time to discredit my point....There is no reason for me to be butthurt here but I got into this argument because you used EPL as an example of how there are other issues UEFA should fix.. I know how insecure fans here get when the issue of equitable distribution of TV money is brought up so I avoided that topic here but I'd really like to know whether you'd be okay with EPL style distribution to help the likes of athletico and sevilla at the expense of Barca and Real?

  5. #185
    Banned

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i nearly never use ad hominems. Look up the definition. Unless you think that being a united fan is an insult of course. Ad hominems get you in trouble here for right reasons, but they're also far from the only malicious behavior at play

    Second time now that you hint that i may disagree with a fairer distribution. For the second time, I don't, not at all.

    the BPL is the only league in which the marketability/performance ratio is so distorted. And the vast majority outside of britain and BPL fans have a big problem with that. We'll see how far that gets the league. There could well be a complacency spread for new signings, and players in european competitions will be extra motivated to beat english teams, if only to look good to their scouts. I'm done discussing a league I do not watch.

  6. #186
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    23,336
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by S7_MUFC View Post
    But do you think it's wrong that mid table EPL teams have money to spend? People here seem to have something against EPL teams distributing money more fairly and they come up short when I ask them to come up with the alternative. The whole "EPL teams having money is the bigger problem" argument has no legs to stand on IMO...
    EPL have taken full advantage of it and credit to them for doing so. No issues with them sharing the money, I do however think the amount is ridiculous, but you gotta ask the question: Is all this money worth it? I mean.... all it leads to is insanely inflated prices so the money they make is burned on players that are not worth half of it anyway.

  7. #187
    Senior Member
    Neeraj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last post on this subject - Everything said and done, inflated, overhyped, etc. WHOSE fault is this? Theirs, or the LFPs?

    As for not messing with Spanish siesta - well they could have the games by early evening. Most games seem to be played in the 8-10 pm bracket. Anyway, point is, you can either have your game at the time you feel is best for the Spanish locals (who don't even fill up the stadiums at their 'preferred' time, mind you) and keep earning a fraction of the EPL, or you can take steps to proactively cater to the global audience.
    f. Signatures must not slow down the forum (no gifs, maximum size 30kb and 700 wide x 200 tall pixels for images OR 5 lines of text (in english/catalan/castellano)

  8. #188
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    26,206
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  9. #189
    Senior Member
    ManusXavi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dunedin, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,568
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What would happen to World Football if you were not allowed to play for your country if you play football for a club outside of your country at any stage of your career?
    Quote Originally Posted by Neimax View Post
    The truth is that if our coaches and our board would have 'huevos grandes' it wouldn't even be necessary to spend millions and millions on midfielder.

  10. #190
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    173
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    National Teams would become much much worse!

  11. #191
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    7,412
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May be,or may be players moving abroad will be considered traitors and we will have a sort of football that is closer to the 50's era or at least pre-Bosman era

  12. #192
    FlaFCB
    Guest
    Regression of the sport, that's what would happen.

  13. #193
    Banned

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully a lot of stars would refuse even considering playing for their NT under such rules, even if they qualify for it.