Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Yes to goal-line technology

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No to goal-line technology

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

maz

I walk the line
What are your thoughts on introducing video technology? Im talking about analysis of videos that takes place during a game. Im not talking about retrospective analysis.

In my opinion video evidence wont work in football because football does not stop the way rugby or cricket does. With those two sports there are natural breaks in play. But with football, think back to the abidal/anelka situation. If its not a foul, then play should continue and fcb would want to counter-attack quickly. It is unfair that the game has to be stopped to decide whether abidal caught anelka.

HOWEVER on the flip side, there are many mistakes made in today's game, since human-error is part and parcel of us being humans.

However i do agree with goal-line technology. My amateur understanding is that if you place three sensors on a ball, the location of the ball with respect to the goal line can be detected. This way, if the ball crosses the line, it will activate some sort of signal in the referee's earpiece, and a goal can be awarded.

TheMessiShow

I like your sensors in the ball idea, although I think it would take at least 4 sensors to work.
I think that video review during the game shouldn't be used; however, whenever there is card it should be reviewed

Home of Barca Fans