10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
It's hard to do a lot when you have it all to do by yourself.

Messi assited Di Maria for the winner against Switzerland and if I'm not wrong gave the pre-assist for Higuain's winner against Belgium. What really cost the Argentinians at the World Cup were injuries. Messi, Aguero, and Higuain not being fully fit and in lesser form than during the qualifiers, and Di Maria getting injured during the tournament.

doublehh03

It's hard to do a lot when you have it all to do by yourself.

Messi assited Di Maria for the winner against Switzerland and if I'm not wrong gave the pre-assist for Higuain's winner against Belgium. What really cost the Argentinians at the World Cup were injuries. Messi, Aguero, and Higuain not being fully fit and in lesser form than during the qualifiers, and Di Maria getting injured during the tournament.

At 31, I think Messi will still be at the peak of his powers. Let's hope ARG can continue to surround him with talent b/c he will have one more chance.

LordLichtenstein

Done is done, Ronaldo won last year and Messi will win this year. The important thing is, now that Messi will go on to win his 5th, Ronaldo will never be able to catch him.

namaria

hwhow as teh person who said Messi is predictable
Capello: "Before a game, you can plan for everything. But Messi can produce a move that no-one expects and change the game in an instant"

Kohe321

IG Leo: We can't go to the Press Conference of Xavi because The UEFA Antidoping Control

11378505_867688699934231_336634777_n.jpg

They look to be in a jolly good mood nonetheless. :lol:

Last edited:

likeafire

There's too much pressure on him for this game. All the talk is about him. It's not good to have that much pressure

Vegeta

Messi thrives under pressure. He's the best player of all time, people talk about him all the time, he's always involved in bullshit tax scandals, always being absurdly compared to CR7, always having to carry Barcelona on his shoulders when the team is misfiring.

I think you're talking about the wrong player. :messi:

Kerrybai

I'm a huge Messi fan, but it would be delusional to act like Ronaldo is not a better penalty taker. In February of this year, I believe Messi had taken 59 penalties for Barcelona and missed 13 of them. That's only a 78% conversion rate. Back then, I believe Ronaldo had made 87% of his penalties (78 of 90) in his career. I think he has missed a couple since then, so perhaps he is closer to 85% now. But he is definitely a better penalty taker than Messi.

I wouldn't say Ronaldo is really a better penalty taker. His conversion rate would be closer to Messi's if we included his 2 missed during shootouts. People harp on about how great his penalties are but great penalty takers do ir under pressure.

Some big misses.
- CL Semi final vs Barcelona
- CL Semi final vs Bayern
- CL Final vs Chelsea
- La Liga vs Valencia where they needed 3 points
- Premier League vs West Ham in 2007 he missed, United lose the game 2-1.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
From my memory Argentine did great in defence, lead by Mascherano. They hardly conceded any goals and they really stood out in the last few knockouts imo.

That's because they gave up on offense after Aguero and Higuain were in terrible form and Di Maria got injured. They bunkered down and left Messi to create what he could as the only offensive means.

Vegeta

Sabella's huge mistake not to include Tevez. The man (Sabella) dug his own grave once the injuries set in.

ceefoo

Like in this celebration below; just follow his eyes. :rofl1:

2hi35vl.gif
You're right! The eyes are the finisher. It's too much... :w000t: This muppet is too funny, without intending to be.

BTW WTF's going on with Messi's Thread? It's turning into the Crystina Thread. :police:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans