Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

1O0LHwn.gif

http://gfycat.com/ObviousZestyDromedary#?format=gif

Damn...

Last edited:

doublehh03

will there be a player as good/better than messi?

Eventually there will be. But when? Probably won't see for a long time.

The thing with Messi is he has all the attributes combined of all the top players. Scoring, passing, playmaying, dribbling, creativity, defending... Usually the great players master at one or 2 things (Ronaldo with scoring, Hazard with dribbling and creativity, Ribery/Robbon passing/dribbling...). But Messi has it all.

It's going to be a long time until we see someone like Messi again. He's not just a one in a generation type of player; he's one in a century type of player.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Eventually there will be. But when? Probably won't see for a long time.

The thing with Messi is he has all the attributes combined of all the top players. Scoring, passing, playmaying, dribbling, creativity, defending... Usually the great players master at one or 2 things (Ronaldo with scoring, Hazard with dribbling and creativity, Ribery/Robbon passing/dribbling...). But Messi has it all.

It's going to be a long time until we see someone like Messi again. He's not just a one in a generation type of player; he's one in a century type of player.

I don't think that is guaranteed. To your point, Messi excels in pretty much everything. There will be top scorers, dribblers, playmakers, but mold all the attributes into one? Hardly possible again.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't think that is guaranteed. To your point, Messi excels in pretty much everything. There will be top scorers, dribblers, playmakers, but mold all the attributes into one? Hardly possible again.

For all the talk about complete players, there's hardly been anyone as complete as Messi for a very, very long time, if not ever.

And he has scored a CL winner with a header so there's that too :xavi:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Oh man; all this talk about it not being another messi for a century makes me wanna cry when I think he's already 28 now.. can we go 10 years back ?

If we're truly speaking about "another messi", I don't think we will in our lifetime at least, combine all those attributes you talked about, and add to it humility on the field and not diving, it's simply impossible, look at Pelé, Maradonna, Cristiano, Neymar etc .. all good and all, but from mildly to unbearably arrogants / full of themselves, Messi is unprecedented and unrepeatable, as simple as that.

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans