Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1560

Thread: 2015 CL Final: Barca - Juve 3-1 !!!CAMPIONS!!!

  1. #1546
    Member
    ejuventus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohe321 View Post
    Anyone complaining about the scoreline is not being objective. 3-1 describes the game perfectly, we won deservedly.
    agree

    the field spoke

  2. #1547
    Senior Member
    StarLord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohe321 View Post
    Anyone complaining about the scoreline is not being objective. 3-1 describes the game perfectly, we won deservedly.
    I re-watched the final twice since last Saturday.

    While we were not at our best, we still created several excellent goal-scoring opportunities which we wasted. Alves, Pique, Suarez (2 or 3 excellent chances) Messi (twice) Neymar could all have put the game to bed long before it finally did happen. Juventus on the other hand, only had a few long-range efforts (of which only one was a really good one, with Tevez) outside their very nice goal.

    We were head and shoulders the better team and deservedly won. The ref also allowed Juventus to stay in the contest by sparing them several yellow cards, and I do mean several. It is funny that the exact same thing happened in our previous two finals in which United were spared red cards (Ronaldo, Scholes could both have easily been red-carded in Rome, while Valencia did enough nasty fouls on Messi for at least 4 to 5 yellow cards at Wembley) Same thing has occurred in other CL games for us (Arsenal 2011, City last season, Real Madrid second leg in 2011)

    It's as if the refs allow a certain handicap for our opponents in the CL most of the times, yet people only remember the calls that went for us. Sheer jealousy in my opinion.

  3. #1548
    Senior Member
    ceefoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South of the Wall
    Posts
    1,505
    @StarLord That's exactly why the rules need to change. Referees are terrified to send players off in a Final. You could see that Vidal was virtually daring the referee to send him off in the CL Final, with a succession of outrageous fouls.

    Time to bring in sin-bins for constant offenders. That way the officials can come-down on persistent, tactical and "amber" fouls without fear of rebuttal.

  4. #1549
    Moderator
    Galning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    15,674
    Referees shouldn't be afraid and just send them off. All these new rules are useless, same with the freekick spray. See the wall moving? Yellow card. Moves again? Send him off.
    Only thing that would benefit the game is camera footage, but what Vidal did was just a red card. No need to invent new systems just because referees are afraid to follow the rules.

  5. #1550
    Member
    Asylum15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Cork, Ireland
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by Galning View Post
    Referees shouldn't be afraid and just send them off. All these new rules are useless, same with the freekick spray. See the wall moving? Yellow card. Moves again? Send him off.
    Only thing that would benefit the game is camera footage, but what Vidal did was just a red card. No need to invent new systems just because referees are afraid to follow the rules.
    Official behind the goal could be added to this list. Have missed so many crucial decisions already.

  6. #1551
    Member
    barcafan89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    451
    ESPN is showing 2011 UCL Final, damn, I'm divided between which team is better, that or the current. Messi was godlike in that final.
    1992|2006|2009|2011|2015

  7. #1552
    Senior Member
    StarLord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,343
    Quote Originally Posted by barcafan89 View Post
    ESPN is showing 2011 UCL Final, damn, I'm divided between which team is better, that or the current. Messi was godlike in that final.
    I recently re-watched that game myself. Messi-Xavi-Iniesta were literally walking on water in that final (and during that season in general) as were the rest of the team. That final performance was probably the most complete CL final performance ever, United did not know what hit them. The score would have been a lot worse for them if not for brilliant last-ditch tackles from the likes of Rio and Vidic. The ref also spared Valencia multiple yellow card offences.

  8. #1553
    Culé de Celestial Empire
    Luftstalag14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    10,772
    Apparently UEFA might penalize us because some of our fans were showing and waving the Catalan independence flags (the Estelada) at the CL final in Berlin. If we are found guilty, they might fine us for under 60000 euros and more importantly, they might force us to close a section of the Camp Nou during one of next season's CL group games.
    Sóc Culer.

  9. #1554
    Senior Member
    Alik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    5,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    Apparently UEFA might penalize us because some of our fans were showing and waving the Catalan independence flags (the Estelada) at the CL final in Berlin. If we are found guilty, they might fine us for under 60000 euros and more importantly, they might force us to close a section of the Camp Nou during one of next season's CL group games.
    I read that too.

    What's the logic behind that? What does UEFA care?

  10. #1555
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    10,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik View Post
    I read that too.

    What's the logic behind that? What does UEFA care?
    Uefa have a big thing about not mixing politics and football.

    Celtic/Rangers have been done for political chants/banners etc.

  11. #1556
    Senior Member
    Alik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    5,228
    Then the players who wore the flag during the celebration should be fined too.

    Anyways, I don't get it.

    The supporters weren't roudy, racist or cause any trouble. They should focus on that.

  12. #1557
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    10,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik View Post
    Then the players who wore the flag during the celebration should be fined too.

    Anyways, I don't get it.

    The supporters weren't roudy, racist or cause any trouble. They should focus on that.
    Not saying I agree with it but know in past Uefa have come down on clubs for this type of thing when they were not being violent/racist etc.

  13. #1558
    Culé de Celestial Empire
    Luftstalag14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    10,772
    I am kind of OK with FIFA or UEFA or any football governing body fining a club for allowing their fans to have any type of behavior that is not allowed at their home ground, after all you can argue each club has ways and means to warn their fans and control what is being allowed to carry into the stadium etc.

    But this was the CL final in Berlin, in a third-party venue, how were we supposed to control anything??? Ridiculous.

    And who can definitely say who is a Barca fan? Next time I dress up as a Real Madrid fan and hold a banner of political nature or scream obscenities to insult someone, Real Madrid will get fined and penalized? Nice.
    Last edited by Luftstalag14; 30th June 2015 at 09:19 PM.
    Sóc Culer.

  14. #1559
    Previously known as Mehssi
    Vlom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    5,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    I am kind of OK with FIFA or UEFA or any football governing body fining a club for allowing their fans to have any type of behavior that is not allowed at their home ground, after all you can argue each club has ways and means to warn their fans and control what is being allowed to carry into the stadium etc.

    But this was the CL final in Berlin, in a third-party venue, how were we supposed to control anything??? Ridiculous.

    And who can definitely say who is a Barca fan? Next time I dress up as a Real Madrid fan and hold a banner of political nature or scream obscenities to insult someone, Real Madrid will get fined and penalized? Nice.
    Very good point Luft !

    If they didn't want the banners, they only had to confiscate them when people were entering the stadium THEY control.
    The Internet is full of tribute videos with some version of the title "Messi doesn't dive" a trait rare in a sport where players roll around on the ground like gunshot victims when an opponent so much as breathes on them.

    Theories abound about why Messi won't fall, about his character or his respect for the game, but I think it's much simpler. If he dives, he loses the ball.

  15. #1560
    Moderator
    El Flaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    7,525

    2015 Champions League Final: Barca - Juventus

    Today is exactly 1 year ago since Barca won their 5th Champions League title.