Barca reach Champions League Final!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Despite losing 3-2 at Allianz Arena, FC Barcelona have qualified for Champions League Final on a 5-3 aggregate. Their first final since 2011 win when they were coached by Bayern's coach, Pep Guardiola!

ter-stegen-destaca-contra-bayern-munich-1431459185734.jpg

Explosive start

The match began at a dizzy pace with Neuer pulling out a great stop after just three minutes when Rakitic was put through with a ball over the top from Alves and moments later Pique threw himself to block a dangerous shot from Thiago. The Bayern crowd were roaring their team on and when on 7 minutes a corner from the right found Benatia unmarked towards the back post to head past Ter Stegen, Barça had the worst of starts.

Bayern’s tails were up now, as Lewandowski threatened on the break and Schweinsteiger fired a long range effort over, but Barça were finding spaces behind the Bayern back line and just as the Germans looked at their most dangerous, Messi, with a perfectly weighted pass, freed Suarez who drew the keeper and squared for Neymar to tap in. Bayern now needed four more to go through.

Ter Stegen to the fore

That job could have looked much easier but for some excellent work from Ter Stegen who pulled off three great stops from Lewandowski and Müller before making the save of the night – and maybe of the season – with a reflex stop from a point blank effort by Lewandowski. By then, Neymar had doubled his tally when a Bayern mix up let Suárez through on the counter and the Uruguayan again set up his strike partner to rifle the ball past Neuer and leave Bayern needing five to win the tie.

Bayern rally in vain

With Pedro on for Suárez who’d felt a twinge in his hamstring, Barça took the sting out the game at the start of the second half, though a piece of skill from Lewandowski gave Bayern the equaliser just on the hour mark. Luis Enrique brought on Mathieu for Ratikic to beef up the defence with Mascherano moving into middle, but on 73 minutes, Müller struck a well hit drive from just outside the box to give Bayern the lead again.
There was now just the faintest glimmer of hope for Bayern, but with Xavi on in midfield to calm things down, the Germans never really looked like scoring three more to pull off the shock of the century and a couple of late counters could have provided Barça with a third.

In the end, it was the ruthlessness of Barça’s front three – both at the Camp Nou and here in Munich, together with some stellar stops from Ter Stegen, which proved the difference and it’ll be Barça who are back on German turf next month when they bid for their fifth Champions League trophy.

(source: fcb official website)

dakt

I don't accept the defeat, but just thinking that year ago I would be satisfied with any trophy...wow! Big season this one...so far. But let's jump first and say hop later.

:barcaflag:
Visca el Barca!

Kohe321

So happy! This is just fantastic, I'm savouring the moment. What a job by the team and coaching staff. Visca Barca! :barcascarf:

FC B

Great thing Barca reached final again. My only desire is to win it no matter against which team!

F

forcabarca

Never ever dreamt of us reaching the CL final this season. Fantastic job by the players, Lucho, Unzue and the support staff.

Força Barça!!!

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Best Picture Ever :)

We are in another final, right where we belong, and it feels awesome !!!!

:barcascarf::barcascarf::barcascarf::barcascarf:

bungsalman

A great match. I nearly cant believe we conceded 3 goals and defending with abstract style, as Lucho said we don't know other tactic but attack.
First half was entertaining as Messi - Suarez help Neymar to score two goals. Second half was terrible minutes, much mistakes, thank God its only two yellow cards. Messi / Neymar attempt at end of match should be a goal as I expected we took draw result.
But overall, I'm happy with our ticket to final. Hello Berlin!

:barcaflag::barcaflag::barcaflag:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans