Barca - Real Sociedad 2-0

lessthanjake

Well, its mainly due to Messi scoring more than back then, Suarez and Neymar has no advantage over Henry or Eto as far as i can tell, if you look at the stats.

That's about right. But remember, Suarez didn't score much for a while. He was settling in to a new club/league and hadn't played competitively in months. Now that he has settled in, I think Neymar/Suarez are probably slightly outperforming Eto'o/Henry.

Also remember, Eto'o and Henry were not JUST together for the 2008-2009 season. They were also both there for the 2007-2008 season, and they were not particularly great.

hardyboy

Official: 18 players called up for today's game against Real Sociedad, Masip, Douglas, Montoya and Rakitic not included

Squad (vs Real Sociedad): Bravo, Ter Stegen, Alves, Pique, Bartra, Mascherano, Vermaelen, Adriano, Alba, Busquets, Xavi, Sergi Roberto, Iniesta, Rafinha, Pedro, Messi, Suarez, Neymar Jr.

Tiny Kim

No rest for the MSN again I see. Perhaps they're going to start every match for the rest of the season. Well, that's kind of understandable since every game now is a possible make or break, yes even the CL return leg. Let's just hope the front three have enough in the tank to both physically and mentally see the remaining games through. This is going to be more about fighting to stay fresh(assuming the strike doesn't happen).

Kohe321

We need to totally own Sociedad first half so we can cruise and pace ourselves 2nd half. We have another big game on tuesday with 3 days of rest vs Bayern Munich....So yeah, we cant waste too much energy on this game, finish the business first half and move on.

giphy.gif

Much better to start a strong lineup, score goals and rest on the pitch than having to struggle to win for 90 minutes. I trust Lucho will pick a well judged lineup today as well, as he has done every game the last few months.

Last edited:

StarLord

5 out of 6 times we last lost points in the league, was before or after a Champions League game.

And some people find it excessive that I always emphasize the difficulty (see fatigue) of chasing several titles, and the advantage that sides like Juventus or Bayern have when they are playing in Europe.

This game and the next are of extreme difficulty since they come after an epic run of grueling games for Barca. The only break we got was the wonder-goals versus Getafe (as well as their resting of key players) that ensured easy victory, as well as the abysmally low level of Cordoba the other day. We can't count on anything similar from now on. All our other games have been tough and I expect those that remain to be equally so.

Devils

We're not losing points at home against Moyes and his team who have one of the worst away records in Liga. FFS.

Real are dropping points this weekend, not us.

Home of Barca Fans