Liga strike

F

Flavia

[tw]597892357636366336[/tw]

Apparently Villar is really willing to spoil things, if he doesn't get his way. That tweet says that if the strike is stopped, that Villar won't send refs to officiate the matches :facepalm:

M

monamou

Incredible. I always fail to seize how things work in the Spanish leauge. However, I did read somewhere that if the strike holds on, the Copa del Rey final could be rescheduled for the start of next season, which would suck anyway tbh.

Wouldn't mind cancelling the last two Liga rounds as I never like Barca to play Atletico. Risk of getting injured increases significantly.

Kohe321

The meeting between AFE and AFP in the Audiencia Nacional is over, and it will first be clear tomorrow if AN decides to end or postpone the strike.

Source: Norwegian La Liga expert Petter Veland who has great contacts in Spain.

So another day of waiting I guess... Unless something leaks, but it will not be officially confirmed before tomorrow as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

Kohe321

I'm also reading that it's unclear if there will even be crowned a La Liga champion if the league is ended due to strike... Basically, since there are no set rules for what happens next in a situation like this, it's just simply unclear. Hopefully we won't have to find out.

You can just imagine the uproar it would cause and what it would mean to La Ligas reputation world wide. I think it's highly unlikely it goes through. As Veland concludes on his twitter feed: "I've always had the feeling that too many people will lose too much for this strike to become reality".

Last edited:

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
More importantly - will we have a predictions league champion. If the strike goes ahead then I've basically won it :coffee:

Catalan Fan

More importantly - will we have a predictions league champion. If the strike goes ahead then I've basically won it :coffee:

I have a couple of bets on us to win La Liga + CDR and La Liga + CL, would be £600 if they came in.Am more worried than you ! :lol:

raskolnikov

They better not cancel the remaining games. I want us to win la liga and the copa on our own strength not gift it and cancel the copa ruining a chance of a treble.

Home of Barca Fans