Liga strike

StarLord

Lol, la liga will most likely be finished this weekend. So "congrats" with la liga, what a joke.
Barca has no interest in getting the strike called off, thats for sure.

Gold Standard material:

X0knsH_Jq6AZuExk4F1XzC_rOMNh07Qq-zUO1Bu_L25MFuF6icVi9ELqHX6b6tmnqnyVMj2FNrSBE1MavJXINDbMMHjVuBcuyp6Fq0h_w8YYjVrSA010aDWONbK5ZFi4iQ

As for the Liga strike, this has happened before several times. Brinkmanship until a deal is reached. Typical politics.

Kohe321

Lol, la liga will most likely be finished this weekend. So "congrats" with la liga, what a joke.
Barca has no interest in getting the strike called off, thats for sure.

If the strike goes through, which is highly unlikely, it will most likely be postponed and re-scheduled. I don't think anyone would be crowned champions before the final three games are all in the books. It's 99,9% certain it won't come to that though.

Last edited:

Stric

If the strike goes through, which is highly unlikely, it will most likely be postponed and re-scheduled. I don't think anyone would be crowned champions before the final three games are all in the books. But it's 99,9% certain it won't come to that.

While I agree, postponing and rescheduling the games would be extremely difficult. Not to mention that many South American players would likely be gone for Copa America.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
This is all an elaborate plan by Uncle Flo to mess up our potential Treble season.

Kohe321

While I agree, postponing and rescheduling the games would be extremely difficult. Not to mention that many South American players would likely be gone for Copa America.

Yup exactly, and that's one of the reasons why this almost certainly won't happen. If they cancel the league and crown us champions, then La Liga will look like a foolish competition and this exciting season finale that has drawn so much attention worldwide will become a big bummer for everyone involved. The reputation of the league will take a massive hit. Secondly, if they choose to postpone the end of the season then they still have to reimburse current ticket holders, but now also have the big headache of re-scheduling games to be played in the summer with all the difficulties and pressure that involves with the Copa America and what not.

The leverage that the strikers have is massive. The parties will reach an agreement before the 10 days are up, or else the people on top will end up losing much more money than what the strikers demands would end up costing, let alone the credibility of the league that they are all invested in. That won't be allowed to happen.

Last edited:

Morten

Not only will it ruin the title run, it will also affect the relegation battle and el-spots, if they call off the league now. I havent checked the table in a while, but i guess its not only the title that isnt wrapped up yet.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Not only will it ruin the title run, it will also affect the relegation battle and el-spots, if they call off the league now. I havent checked the table in a while, but i guess its not only the title that isnt wrapped up yet.

Of course not, the title, the champions league spots, the relegation battle with 3 or 4teams still unclear .. this is ridiculous if they really stop La Liga this week-end.

Also, what happens to the CdR ?? If (god forbid) Athletic would win it it would also have an effect on the Champions League spot!! CdR is also key to achieving the "trebble"..

I think they'll figure it out in time, for the sake of everyone, there's really no winner in this.

Also, I saw a video on As of the players chatting after that reunion, and Piqué was telling Ramos "Joder, que putada es eso" (fuck, what a load of bullshit this is), so clearly, the players don't agree.

Barcadub

There ain't gonna be a strike.

It would never happen. It will all be sorted out.

Why not strike this weekend??

raskolnikov

Of course not, the title, the champions league spots, the relegation battle with 3 or 4teams still unclear .. this is ridiculous if they really stop La Liga this week-end.

Also, what happens to the CdR ?? If (god forbid) Athletic would win it it would also have an effect on the Champions League spot!! CdR is also key to achieving the "trebble"..

I think they'll figure it out in time, for the sake of everyone, there's really no winner in this.

Also, I saw a video on As of the players chatting after that reunion, and Piqué was telling Ramos "Joder, que putada es eso" (fuck, what a load of bullshit this is), so clearly, the players don't agree.

You think he would have learned by now:lol:

Stric

The players are supporting their union.

And not that it matters or anything, but "eso" ("this") could also refer to the reason for the strike, and not the strike itself.

PhilS

So sorry for all the fans who have already spent to travel to the final Liga and Copa games. I got screwed a year ago by a very late schedule change prior to my once-in-a-lifetime visit to Barca from the other side of the world. They very well might still get these games played as scheduled. You will know in plenty of time, at least hours prior to kickoff.

This is yet another example of the exemplary efficiency and good manangement of Spain in general and Spanish football in particular.

One thing I do not expect to happen would be to play the last two games and Copa final later during the summer. Instead, they would jam them into the beginning of the time block already set for La Liga next season.

frog-fcb

It wont happen just imagine the amount of law suits they would end up facing from teams who got relegated or those who missed out on a european place it would cost them millions. But on a bright side for them they wouldnt have to worry about bilbao and barca booing the national anthem in copa final

Home of Barca Fans