Liga strike

Grego

Ooooh man, this can't be true... I'll lose a lot of money... The flights and hotel were expensive. I really want to see Barca lifting up the trophee against Deportivo! Fingers crossed! When do we know for sure when the strike goes on?

BarcaBarcaBarca

I am in the same boat grego. Will be absolutely devastated. Marca now reporting rumours of the league finishing on Saturday against la real. Will be absolutely heart breaking for me if this is true, totally not fair. At first I thought it was just a really extreme statement to cause action to be taken but now it seems like it is becoming a reality. I'm still in shock to be honest. Feel like crying.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Well, the season will be almost over if that happens.
So I'm sure if you guys contact barca and tell them your circumstances they may allow you to watch a practice and even get some sigs and have a chat with the players.

Kohe321

Norways top La Liga expert Petter Veland is saying that there is a reason the strike is given ten days of advance warning - it's so they can reach an agreement, and they most likely will. This situation has no clear precedence, and the people in charge are not silly enough to lose face, reputation and last but not least money by going through with it. They would be creating enormous managerial difficulties for themselves by re-scheduling games and everything that involves, including reimbursing ticketholders who now can't go to the games etc. He is basically almost entirely sure that they will reach an agreement with the demanding parties getting more of what they want, and that's that.

Veland is one of the most knowledgeable guys on Spanish football around, he's really good, so I'll take his word for it and relax. :)

I mean, this La Liga season is one of the most exciting in recent memory. No way will they ruin it by going through with this strike, that would be extremely bad for LLs reputation and basically be the equivalent of shooting themselves in the foot.

Last edited:

BarcaBarcaBarca

I thought that. Seeing Xavi, Iniesta and Busi at that meeting this morning sitting along from Ramos and thinking to myself, surely they are not for cancelling the last two games. The players will want to win in 38 games. I think they are being advised that we go along with the strike, an agreement will be made and you'll play your games. All clubs, all presidents and all fans are against the ban...it's just the rfef and players union that are for it. I'm hoping common sense prevails. If not, I hope Barça still hold an event of some sort for me to go to, but an end of season training game is not going to compare to seeing your team win their last game of the season...

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Just saw the video with all the players.. are they actually in favour of this ?

BarcaBarcaBarca

Just saw the video with all the players.. are they actually in favour of this ?

It appears so. But, surely they'd rather finish the season. The TV deal doesn't even effect these last 3 games so it would be common sense to get them out the way and then debate.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
It appears so. But, surely they'd rather finish the season. The TV deal doesn't even effect these last 3 games so it would be common sense to get them out the way and then debate.

It won't have the same dramatic effect if they do it in the summer, the more it disrupts the liga the more leverage they have.

I'm pretty sure Xavi/Iniesta/Casillas/Juanfran/Ramos etc.. don't give a shit about the money aspect in question, so they either agree with what the AFE is asking and believe it's truly to help Segunda/SegundaB players, or they're being forced to be there.

Gibbzz

I dont understand the reason behind the strike........as far as I know the new deal will lead to an even revenue distribution amongst all la liga teams compared to present mechanism where Barca and Madrid get the biggest chunk. So isnt it better for all players in the first division indirectly from this deal

Maybe Im missing something........would love to get more clarity on it

BBZ8800

It won't have the same dramatic effect if they do it in the summer, the more it disrupts the liga the more leverage they have.

I'm pretty sure Xavi/Iniesta/Casillas/Juanfran/Ramos etc.. don't give a shit about the money aspect in question, so they either agree with what the AFE is asking and believe it's truly to help Segunda/SegundaB players, or they're being forced to be there.

Xavi and co don't need the money.

They do it our of respect for their co-workers aka all players from Spain.

Even if it would be better for Xavi and Busi to say: let's quit the strike because we need to play matches for Barca, it won't happen.
This is not about Real or Barca or personal advantages for Xavi and guys now.

If they will have to chose between:
1. sticking with players and thus hurting to Barca in some way=they will do it either way, because of all other workers (players) in Spain
2. turning their back to players so that Barca could play matches and win the title=they won't do it

That is how it works.

Morten

Lol, la liga will most likely be finished this weekend. So "congrats" with la liga, what a joke.
Barca has no interest in getting the strike called off, thats for sure.

Last edited:

Alik

I hope this strike nonsense gets sorted out.

I don't want anything to blemish a potential treble season.

Stric

Imagine the shit we would get if we got the trophy without playing the last 2 rounds. Or the shit we would give to others if we lost our South American internationals to Copa America in the last 2 rounds.

Home of Barca Fans