User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Liga strike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Liga strike

I'm sorry if I've made a new thread without seeing another one, but the league have announced a suspension on the last 2 games of the season over players complaining about the new TV deal, meaning just now, the Atleti game and Depor game aren't happening. Does anyone know what is going to happen, as I have flights and tickets booked for the Depor game and am panicking.

Thanks in advance culers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How will it affect Real and Barca if it happens? Will probably be resolved though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the suspension lasts 2 weeks, meaning the games will be played two weeks later, but if im right messi, Neymar, Mascherano and suarez will all be at copa america. Hopefully it gets resolved though, and it's just a threat to the spanish government. It is an "indefinite" strike so hopefully only fighting talk and justice is done. Messi is in support of it apparently so I am assuming the players have all been advised that it's unlikely it'll happen but changes in the tv deal will be made. Hoping someone can clear it up for me as I have obviously shelled out a fortune on flights and tickets..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I can't reply to your situation in any useful way... I didn't know about this until I read your post. Wow, just wow. I'm in shock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard it will affect the Atletico game greatly. But Suarez is banned for a few nt matches, so he should be here anyway. Atletico would also lose a few players, Godin for instance will be a huge blow for them, even though losing Neymar and Messi would hurt more i guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it's all over the spanish press and sports pages on Twitter. That is my thinking though. It's the players association that have appealed their cut of the new tv deal and are the reason the suspension is happening. Surely they wouldn't want that if it was going to jeopardise the last games of the season. I think the overwhelming victory and general buzz around the barcelona fans tonight has hidden the story out of the spotlight.

Flavia

Guardiolista
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavia View Post
    Tl;Dr ?
    The pale-faced executioner…he’s an illuminous illumination! -Ray Hudson on

Adormit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "They can't do that, we'll sue."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I't will be sorted by than and I would not worry at all. They know they stand to lose way tooo much money if they have to reschedule this many games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Players union has announced that the strike will go ahead in the last few minutes. Xavi, Busquets and Iniesta were there at the meeting today, this doesn't look good

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't understand all the fine points of the strike and didn't study both sides arguments but it seems pathetic to do this for final few rounds of la liga and possibly ruin the entire season. It surely won't win new fans to Spain and La Liga.

Flavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    Don't understand all the fine points of the strike and didn't study both sides arguments but it seems pathetic to do this for final few rounds of la liga and possibly ruin the entire season. It surely won't win new fans to Spain and La Liga.
    This should shed some more light: http://as.com/diarioas/2015/05/06/en...61_235563.html

It's basically Villar + the players association vs lfp + Tebas. Over the new broadcasting rights law, and the % of money for the 1st division players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaBarcaBarca View Post
    I'm sorry if I've made a new thread without seeing another one, but the league have announced a suspension on the last 2 games of the season over players complaining about the new TV deal, meaning just now, the Atleti game and Depor game aren't happening. Does anyone know what is going to happen, as I have flights and tickets booked for the Depor game and am panicking.

Thanks in advance culers
    nothing will happen, go to the game and enjoy the league title celebrations

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully it gets sorted out or it could destroy our league and cup campaign if the games are rescheduled during copa america we would be without our main stars