Messi magic for 3-0 against Bayern!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
In first match of Champions League semi-final, Pep Guardiola's Bayern held out at Camp Nou for 77 minutes, then the Argentine magician turned up a show with 2 goals and an assist for memorable 3-0 win.

messibayern.v1430948368.jpg

It was proving to be a frustrating evening for FC Barcelona, with chance after chance going begging against Pep Guardiola’s well organised defence. But the last quarter of an hour produced a dramatic turn of events. Two fantastic goals from Messi suddenly put the Catalans in command, and a third in injury time from Neymar practically puts Barça on the flight to Berlin.
Chance after chance

The game got off to a frantic start, with both sides battling to hold onto the possession and seeking to create pressure. But it took 18 minutes for Bayern to get their real chance, when Lewandowski found himself in the perfect position to shoot but totally squandered the shot. By that time Barça had already come close a number of times. Three of the best were for Suárez, the latter producing a fine save from Bayern keeper Neuer, but Messi and Neymar were also quick to get in on the act – former Barça man Rafinha getting there in time to deny an otherwise certain goal for the Brazilian.

Barça continued to throw all they had the Bayern defence, Messi running through the lot of them on 21 minutes but just failing to find the target, Boateng preventing Suárez from converting a perfect cross from Jordi Alba, and the Uruguayan then heading just over the bar. Neuer got his hands on an exquisitely taken Messi free kick, and moments later was called on again to prevent Dani Alves from touching home a superb assist from Iniesta. Rakitic added his name to the goal attempts, but despite scintillating football the visitors survived the first half unscathed.

Messi to the rescue

Bayern’s defensive brilliance continued to thwart Barça after the break, while the Bundesliga champions also started causing considerable problems in the Barça area, Mascherano sending a Lewandowski strike out for a corner. Barça bit back when Messi put Neymar though on goal, but Neuer showed his class once again with a well-timed tackle. Frustration set in and it began to look like this just was not going to be Barça’s day.

Then it all changed. With just 13 minutes left on the clock, Messi collected the ball on the edge of the area and slammed a strong left-footer precisely where Neuer was not going to get to it. And just three minutes later, he did it again. And what a goal it was. The Argentinian left Boateng on the floor and then sent the ball sailing goalward over Neuer’s head. Sheer class!
And there was still more to come. Four minutes into injury time, Suárez found Messi, who in turn found Neymar and the Brazilian coolly put the ball in the net for the third. A night that had looked like it was going to end in frustration instead ended in elation. There’s still the Allianz Arena to come next week, but with a 3-0 lead to defend, Barça are very much in pole position!

Gibbzz

Hey guys..... i dont post here often but im a big fan of this forum and read the threads on daily basis. Anyways today's fantastic performance has tempted me to poset here and share highlights link (in english commentary)

http://www.footytube.com/video/barce...han_ov_vidgrid

PS: From 8 mins on-wards I'm watching the video on repeat since last 2 hours !! :p :barcascarf:

One more thing........ I havn't hear Camp Nou crowd this noisy since ages !! :worthy: to the fans .... fantastic atmosphere

barca1899

Any tweets and comments from famous ppl around the world about him?

[tw]596047195280932864[/tw]

[tw]596047858547167234[/tw]

[tw]596048066727129088[/tw]

[tw]596054189320601601[/tw]

[tw]596070206268669952[/tw]

Real Barcelona :troll:

[tw]596053324010389504[/tw]

Altomonte

In first match of Champions League semi-final, Pep Guardiola's Bayern held out at Camp Nou for 77 minutes, then the Argentine magician turned up a show with 2 goals and an assist for memorable 3-0 win.

messibayern.v1430948368.jpg

I think the third goal needs more explanation for three reasons:
1. Suarez had the ball, was moving forward but was fouled by a Bayern Defender. Messi was able to pick up the ball and made a split-second decision to continue the attack and pass the ball to Neymaer who was running at full speed towards the Bayern goal.
2. The referee decided not to interrupt the game and allowed the counterattack to proceed. You have to give the referee a lot of credit for this quick and correct decision.
3. Once a few steps ahead of the defense, Neymar was flying towards the Bayern goal. Neuer was the only obstacle left, but a very imposing and intimidating one - just ask Suarez and Dani Alves who could not defeat him 1-on-1 in the first half. But Neymar was up to the task. He hesitated slightly, waiting for Neuer to spread his legs. Then he calmly slotted the ball with great precision through Neuer's legs (at least that's what I believe I saw). Another masterpiece of a goal with Suarez, Messi, and Neymar contributing to it.

I may go too far in interpreting the inner feelings of our heroes but it really must have felt good for Messi & Mascherano to finally defeat Neuer, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Mueller and Goetze, after their negative WC experience with Argentina's team, and for Neymar & Dani Alves to get partial redemption for the Brazilian team's 7:1 debacle.

Great to see that Messi got the 'Neuer Monkey' off his back in the best possible way.

Altomonte

No hesitation from Neymar; he faked Neuer out.

What I mean by hesitation is exactly that: it was similar to Neymar's way to take a penalty: he hesitates until the GK makes a move and then reacts by putting the ball where it has a chance to go through. Luis Suarez was a little too anxious against Bayern, Neymar kept his cool.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
What I mean by hesitation is exactly that: it was similar to Neymar's way to take a penalty: he hesitates until the GK makes a move and then reacts by putting the ball where it has a chance to go through. Luis Suarez was a little too anxious against Bayern, Neymar kept his cool.

Fair enough.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
BTW it didn't go through Neuers legs. It just went passed his left foot by about a centimetre.

Home of Barca Fans