Elche CF

VivaBarcelona

What is the latest on Elche are they going down or staying up? Last I read was that Anguix had offered five million euros upfront to LFP and 2 million euros spread over months.

The debt owed is 7 million euros not five so the former president lied about the debt, anyone know when we will know for sure?

Hopefully there is someone close to the Spanish media on here or reads the local papers and can shed some light on this.

I really hope Elche survive because it will be an injustice if they are relegated because the players performances and hard work does not deserve relegation.

VivaBarcelona

Elche ivf

Elche have had the IVF approve their capital increase, what does this mean exactly and do things look good for them to raise the 12 million euros needed to avoid relegation?

Leo_Messi

Thanks for the head up VivaBarcelona.

I have to disappoint you but I have not followed this case particularly closely. I would have to read up on it.

From what I understand this means that they can pay off some of their debt to the treasury and to the players whom if I am not mistaken have not been paid their full wages.

In most likeliness this means that they will stay up.

Here is an useful article about this matter.

http://diariofranjiverde.com/ivf-si-ampliacion/

In any case Elche have some very good fans and personally I would not be against them staying up.

Also I am quite curious about your interest in the financial situation of Elche as a foreigner. Are you living in the Elche/Alicante area?
A lot of Brits are living there.:)

VivaBarcelona

I wish haha, location helps as it's a beautiful part of spain but grown a soft spot for them really admired their performances this season in their effort to stay up so hope they stay up be a shame if they go down. Seems a long way to go though before things are certain but things should look more certain next week.

VivaBarcelona

Getafe could be next too, news out of the Capital is that they need to pay 3 million euros to the treasury in next few days and they're a repeat offender too, be a shame to see them drop as it's a difficult place to go and many teams struggle there which helps league be more competitive.

I think they'll survive but who knows.

Yannik

If I ran a bottm-table club in the Primera Division, I wouldnt even care about the match results, I'd just try to get 18th or 19th in the league, keep my finances stable and let some other club in debts get relegated. :D

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Administrative relegation to Liga Adelante is now official for Elche.

The club can still appeal the decision though, but it seems rather unlikely that the decision will be revoked.

Eibar will stay up it seems.

VivaBarcelona

Such a shame and cruel on Elche's fans but an example was always going to be the made, in the end this TV rights deal has come too late for clubs like Elche and situations like this are unable to be avoided, the sooner the tv deal comes into action the better.

Home of Barca Fans